What do you guys want to see from Lions, today?

I like this dudes attitude as well. One of the benefits of youth is being resilient… I think these guys see what they can do and what can be done.

I have to agree here. A young kid in the moment of his life is too frickin stupid to realize it.

1 Like

Sometimes being naive can be one hell of an asset. Or being stubborn.

YES - to all of it. (I’m out of likes). :wink:

1 Like

Swift looks great. Love the guy.

Our D pursuit in the pocket, our guys kept the effort going abs ran Jackson down from behind a few times. Speaks well of the coaching.

1 Like

Lol I tried to be conservative with my likes today and am still pushing the limit. But I raise you one “like.”

21 minutes from being able to like you guys again.
until then…“like”

1 Like

We are still a team of two halfs it seems… I thought the defense started to unravel toward the end of the second quarter and we got bailed out by those two huge drops… but otherwise played a pretty solid game. Our offense not completely sucking the first half might have made our defensive performance look a lot different.

Offense had two great drives for TDs in the second half. Defense continued to play well and get off the field.

If the offense gets those two drives in the first half and builds on that in the second half, then we are looking at a whole different game.

1 Like

I also think, the way we respond after this is going to tell a lot about our team and coaching staff. This was as big a punch in the throat as we’ve had in a few years, maybe that loss to the Chiefs, or the loss to ATL with the stupid 10 second runoff, or the cowboys playoff loss… I dunno this is up there and maybe the worst of all (recency bias). But, the way the players are talking, the way the coaches are talking, now let’s see how they respond.

I don’t think we’ve seen a dead team even though we’ve now lost three straight. We’ve seen a team just keep getting knocked down but getting back up again. And as long as we keep showing that resiliency, I think we will be in good shape. Next week will tell a lot.

Speaking of getting knocked down… but getting up again…

Not the original but a damn fine cover!

All true. We’e been ridiculously discriminated against by officials.
Hope Dan and Brad can solve that riddle.
I wonder how much they talk about how to handle the officials, and what the strategy is?

1 Like

That’s an interesting point and also something I think one of the coaches mentioned a week or two ago. They prepare for the officials and how certain ones call things.

Random observation, was watching the pregame and Campbell had a piece of paper with what looked like an OL formation on it, and he was talking to the officials and pointing stuff out on it… I wonder if anyone else caught it or what they were talking about. It was only like 5 seconds but caught my eye

I saw that too. Guessing he was talking about some illegal tactics and tendencies that were particular areas of concern. I’m thinking more specifically of how to deal with fuckings after they happen. How do we address it?

1 Like

Lol we get an apology on Monday…

Seriously though. I wonder this… and not saying I’m blaming this loss on officiating. Because we sucked on offense for the first half. But, missed play clock running out and intentional grounding… and we get an apology. Ford motor company is all over NFL advertising, it’s everywhere for the whole league. If I’m Sheila, I’m calling goodell and saying WTF dude.

Not blaming those calls for the loss, but also, they happened (not to mention the Williams non TD when in every other nfl game they cal it a td and go for the booth review as opposed to making us use a challenge)

1 Like

I know I’m a little late to the discussion but my answer is “not that.”

1 Like

LOL - niiice

All you can do is tell them to respect you enough to use lube and a condom

All I’ll say is this - no matter how bad you play, officiating should not be an issue factor. Biased officiating should be a non-factor in every NFL game, regardless of who is playing. Ethical issue, with me.

1 Like

Same here. And it also makes me question why the league doesn’t have full time officials. It’s definitely an ethical issue. Humans will make errors but the egregiousness of those errors should not be an issue

“like” in 17 minutes

1 Like