What do you think was the biggest reason the ATLANTA FALCONS finished 7-10 last season?

What do you think was the biggest reason the ATLANTA FALCONS finished 7-10 last season?

Terrible QB play

3 Likes

Drafting a RB in round 1. Just a terrible idea. Oh shit… wait.

1 Like

Cause the Lions beat them or they would have been 8 and 9

2 Likes

They had a really weak schedule….

but still went only 2-4 against Washington, Arizona, Tennessee, Jets, and 2 games against Carolina.

Can pretty much end the thread here. It was abysmal. Not that I put it all on Ridder, but he certainly didn’t help matters.

1 Like

The cheap concessions upset the Maximum Money Extraction Death Pledge that franchisees agree to (written in their blood) when buying a team.

Johny Blaze was dispatched from The Shield HQ and his Penance Stare had no effect, so Goodell is thinking of sending in Lobo.

Stay tuned, as $3 hot dogs and $5 beers are a Threat to Democracy

2 Likes

That will be the lure (on top of being at the event) when people are sitting at home with their VR headsets and fhey need people in the stadium…?

What do you think?

That’s all Marvel and Lobo is DC, but I like where your line of thinking is headed. I mean what’s next? A pretzel for less than $5? Madness.

1 Like

To get people in the stadium theyll have to do it…

VR…is gonna take-over…

I think if Atlanta drafted Turner, Pennix, Tez Walker and Tip Reiman they could win 10 games next year. A pass rusher, an accurate QB, a deep threat, and a bruising TE to get that running game going. They are a playoff team.

Roger is holding Dr. Manhattan back in reserve

I think the Falcons issues last year were a multilayered example of disfunction from the top down, and really poor culture.

The funky alignment of McKay, Fontenot, and Arthur Smith never clicked. Smith got voted off the island and McKay got shoved into the broom closet.

Smith showed zero imagination when it came to utilizing his offensive skill players, he stuck to his system and tried driving finish nails with a sledgehammer. The horrible use of Drake London alone was criminal.

Was the QB play putrid? Yes. Do great coaches find ways to overcome the shortcomings? Absolutely. That offensive line has been heavily invested in, and really should have shown out better for the talent involved in it.

I really think that division was Atlanta’s to lose last year and Arthur Smith was the major reason they did. Mainstreaming the front office through Fontenot should only help, question being whether they can right the culture with Raheem Morris, who I think was a very good selection for doing just that.

If the kid offensive coordinator from the Rams can show more imagination than a wet mop, the Falcons have the talent to destroy everyone in the division several times over.

1 Like

QB play and the coach suffered from “smartest man in the room” syndrome. Using a committee and taking the ball out of their stud HB Robinson’s hands. I get it, you like Allgeier and he’s a nice little back. But, you don’t prioritize getting him the rock over Bijan. You just don’t.

The lack of ability to get London and Pitts involved is also an issue, but that can be thrown at the QB’s feet a little moreso. Not using Robinson is just plain stupid.

your-mom-50-cent-serious-sitting-meme-13xankg6hdhjiiax