What does your Lions draft board look like for pick 29?

1a/1b - Mims/Fautanu
3 - Brian Thomas
4/5/6 - Latu/Newton/Murphy

4 Likes

You’re making me look bad for being so wordy

I’m with you.
Kingsley is my 1A

Would be sweet to get Koolaid/Dejean and then trade up to get Kingsley higher in the 2nd.

2 Likes

I think that’s the move come draft day

CB then OL

Cooper & Kinglsey for the :trophy:

I’m trusting popular sentiment on Dejean.

I can’t get behind white boys on the boundary in the NFL.( I’m translucent)
It’s been 25 years since one was any good and 25 years before that. Numbers don’t lie. I say that to say I think Dejean is probably worth #29 — it’ll just be more of Weddle than what we’re aiming for in an outside corner.

1 Like

You know that Brad isn’t picking any of these guys, right? Lol

1 Like

What you say is true… he is trending into that Sean Taylor level crush zone for me.

Strictly because he is an outlier…and he’s a gamechanger.

HS hoops Cooper click below… those aren’t reverse layups like Hockenson highlights

2 Likes

I like Graham Barton think he can play all over the Line.

Trade up for Verse? I would not mind if he slips into the 20s

I don’t really want a CB in the 1st unless it is Mitchell but he will be long gone. Cooper D., Arnold, Mitchell only CB I gave a 1st rd grade too.

AD Mitchell, or Brain Thomas only WR other than the top 3 I would draft at 29.

I think we trade back to be honest in to the top of the 2nd

1 Like
  1. Laiatu Latu
  2. Brian Thomas
  3. Troy Fautanu
  4. Amarius Mims
  5. Nate Wiggins
1 Like

Dejean is at the top of my draft board.
Many of the DE’s we have discussed with Verse and Latu are next
DT’s third

1 Like

Blah Blah Blah Reaction GIF by mnek

1 Like

The trait from his hoops highlights you linked that pops are his hand size.
Even at 17 the boy had farmers paws. You can tell by the way he palms it so easy without using 2 hands off the dribble.

The hops are good but just whiteboy good.

And his J is broke :laughing:

If a good CB isn’t there I expect a trade down. There are some really good guards that will go in the 2nd round. CB is an issue but I have faith in Brad and Dan.

1 Like

Of the guys I think will be available I think the Lions might really Like DE Darius Robinson from Missouri. It would not surprise me if he is our pick at 29.

2 Likes

I think it’s imperative we get a 3T who can supplement the snaps we are giving to McNeill, replace Reader in NASCAR… and I love #61 bringing us Ruke, Hall Jr, Fiske, Jenkins, L Taylor etc…. So round 1 NEEDS to solve a problem with a high end solution.

I hate our depth and long term IOL outlook, and I’m not in love with our future OT situation either.

I am not sold that have have a WR2, and even if Jamo steps up…. We don’t have a WR3

I can’t accept an injury prone Davis, constantly injured E Moseley, and a 5’9” Robertson as CB1-3… sorry-

I’m not feeling out edge options beyond Hutch and or beyond 2024…

So???

T Fautanu
G Barton
Brian Thomas
Cooper Dejean
JPJ

I am interested in Kool Aid, Chop, and Darius Robinson… but don’t get the 100% he is a plus starter in 2024 vibes comparatively.

2 Likes

lol, but a white safety?

Here is what I think about DeJean: if the Lions think he can be an outstanding outside corner in their scheme, then it makes sense. I don’t think it makes sense to draft him as a nickel. We might have one of the best in the league at that spot with Brian Branch. Why force him out? I don’t think it makes sense to draft him as a safety - unless they believe he will be a plus starter immediately. Then that also makes sense as DeJean and Branch could be fun together. This is what I mean when I say “what is he”. Although I guess white corners do not have a good track record either! Who was the last good black placekicker by the way :rofl:

I love Latu as well. He is highly skilled. If that dude can get 15 sacks next year, you have to start thinking about drafting him first don’t you though? The thing I love about Latu is that the projection isn’t that hard to make. Its like Aiden. You don’t know if he hit his ceiling, but, unlike Walker that year, you don’t need to make some huge projection.

Did he say take plays off or not run every route 100%? I did hear that. That is splitting hairs I guess, but I’ll be curious to see how much that comment hurt him. For me, I see Mitchell possibly being better than one or two of the consensus top 3 when its all said and done (a couple of years from now). Because I just feel like he can do it all. He can separate at all levels. He has all the measurables you would want. I just really like his ceiling. So that is why I have him number one. It just seems like the fit is there to really round out that WR core.

Absolutely not. I think that’s the 1st time I’ve seen you actually own picks and analysis in these several years here. Usually you two go off on name-dropping tangents that lead you back to yesteryear, but that was a very clear and thoughtful “these are my guys and why” that I enjoyed reading. I’m analyzing this year’s draft class vicariously through you :slight_smile:

1 Like

My board looks exactly like Brad’s. Unfortunately, I’m sworn to secrecy, but, I can tell you, you’ll all throw a shit fit for two weeks before you realize, Brad did it again.

2 Likes

The waterboy had a good black kicker!