What happens if no trade materializes?

Wondering how it will work if the can’t find the trade compensation they want for Matt?

Then he remains a Lion…

1 Like

Or could retire.

Then he remains a lion and the lions remain in 8-8 territory until he’s gone imo.

Or - he adjusts and we kick ass and take names :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Then Rod “The Moron” Wood would come after his signing bonus.

I think Brady’s success in Tampa helps our cause (not that I am equating Stafford to Tampa).

Teams that feel they are good enough to win now would want Stafford on their roster.

I doubt he’s retiring and the Lions will find a way to trade him. Too many teams need a qb that are close and someone will pay.

1 Like

This.

It has to happen! The relationship has soured.

Teddy Bruschi just unloaded on Stafford not calling him a winner etc.
Yes, Stafford didn’t win but teddy’s rant was uncalled for

Ooooohhhh! I like this!

1 Like

Yup!

See Carson Palmer in 2011

Teddy “ I played with Tom Brady” Bruschi. Dude: you’re a winner not because of you but because of the other guys. Never liked him. Talking about a guy who rode other people’s coat tails.

If we can’t get a deal done I guess its like when you get into a heated argument with your chick and go storming out of the house…only to realize you forgot the keys…then the car won’t start.

1 Like

Too funny

The Lions are either gonna do a Jay Cutler Denver -> Chicago level trade and people here wll be bitching when we don’t have 1st rounders for two years or they be reminded what it is like to be one of the NFL “Have Nots” with no franchise QB

Matt Stafford wasn’t perfect. But he was really really good and had guts and ice water in his veins. I predict we will miss him

2 Likes

The only way trading him becomes worth it is if we nail picking the next QB. If we get someone as good as stafford but younger to buy our franchise more time to actually build the team we never did for stafford. Then it will be worth it. It’s a tall task.

The next QB doesn’t have to be as good as Stafford if they come with a lower salary.

1 Like

The Lions are either gonna do a Jay Cutler Denver -> Chicago level trade and people here wll be bitching when we don’t have 1st rounders for two years or they be reminded what it is like to be one of the NFL “Have Nots” with no franchise QB

I’m not following… why would we not have 1st round draft picks?

1 Like