What if Goff has a bad year?

dumb topic

The assumption is he gets extended this offseason. So worst case scenario is he regresses after getting a new
contract

But it seems unlikely. Not a lot of veteran QBs in their prime get to enjoy the consistency of an OC and an offense they helped build for three years straight.

Given the talent on the line and those around him, it’s more likely he’s in the MVP conversation and throws for 5,000 yards than regresses badly

2 Likes

Christen and he will break up and she’ll start serial dating Den members.

2 Likes

I call first dibs

1 Like

There was a small portion of the podcast yesterday where they were discussing the importance of a strong supporting cast and famly/close friends were discussed. In that discussion JG brought up his telling Christen about the trade and was like, paraphrasing as I don’t recall the exact phrasing, “Are you willing to go to Detroit?” “Yes.” She never hesitated was onboard immediately and it’s so important to have the support in place.

3 Likes

I’d be more concerned if Ben left, but with him still in the D, I don’t see how Goff has a bad year.

1 Like

Outside his rookie year… had he really actually had a “bad” year?

He is more likely to have a season ending injury vs a bad year

2 Likes

WTH?

1 Like

A bad game sure, a bad year, no chance.

What if he has the best year ever?

There, bad mojo counteracted.

4 Likes

What if big foot comes down from Canada and kidnaps him?

Would we still be on the hook for his salary, and cap hit?

4 Likes

Um, I think you mean “goes over to Canada”. (He’s on State Land in Caro right now.)

Goff is just too focused and a grinder to fall off much or do tons better. HE prides himself on consistency. That is never going to change.

I could see him go 4800 with 34 and 9 as a ceiling and 3900 with 26 and 12 as a floor.

Hell maybe even 5,000 yards and 40 TDs. But that would be insane for him.

He is just so solid and serious. He takes his commitment to this team and city seriously and there is ZERO chance he falls off much.

This is why we like Hutch and Sewell and ARSB. The Lions just keep stacking solid hard working dawgs.

Right.

But she hadn’t met @BigNatty at that point in time.

Things would be much different now.

2 Likes

I mean the facts be the facts… :man_shrugging:

1 Like

All true!
Assuming she hasn’t met brother Fox yet either…

1 Like

comedy reurn of the mac GIF by Pop TV

2 Likes

I think her words were, “Will we be taking your 30 million with us?..well, then yes”.
But nonetheless, she was supportive.

1 Like

tenor

2 Likes

Detroit Lions Football GIF by SportsManias