What if Hendon Hooker is good?

1 Like

Trade bait. Nothing more.

5 Likes

I am a big believer in Goff is a product of this O line.

That being said, if Goff asks for more than what we can pay the O line, and our team believes Hooker can produce

Cya Goff

4 Likes

I do not understand the “we need another quarterback” fans.

I didn’t understand them when we had Staff, and I don’t understand them now that we have JG.

Do fans of other teams do this? Are there Charger fans sitting there talking about moving on from Herbert? Are there Bills fans obsessing over their backup? Do dipsticks in Cinci pine for a rookie QB contract? Or is this purely a weirdo Detroit phenomenon?

8 Likes

Man, it’s awesome how the Detroit OL made Goff successful on the Rams.

14 Likes

It’s easier to get worst at the QB position than to get better. There’s been 29 QB’s drafted in the 3rd round last 25 years, the best being Russell Wilson and Matt Schuab, neither of witch are/were better than the current Goff.

It’s amazing how Lions fans assume that Hooker is a can’t miss prospect.

6 Likes

Easy answer. Trade Goff for a bounty wherever Ben Johnson lands.

I like Goff, but you are comparing him to vastly more talented QB’s in Herbert, Allen and Burrow.
I extend Goff but I don’t give him the “Lifetime” deal that the QB’s you mentioned received.
I guarantee him 2 years (after the current since) on a 4 year extension. If he is playing well no one cares that the back 2 years aren’t guaranteed. If he is not Holmes has an out and he is easier to trade or release.

1 Like

Stop it.
I like Goff and I’m not going to tear him down.
Peak Russell Wilson was better than Goff.

1 Like

Listen, we will need HH at some point. And so I am hoping he is as good or better than JG. Having really good players is never a problem. Or something to worry about.

As someone stated above. You either trade him or Goff if the price to keep 2 good ones becomes too much. It would be a great problem to have. And it is why the Falcons drafted Penix. I actually think it is a brilliant long term move by the team. But time will tell as always.

2 Likes

I don’t think we’re going to find out one way or the other on 2024.

1 Like

we were fighting to win a BOWL last season with Goff in sudden death OT, the opponent happened to score points before us after Reynold’s dropped a TD winning football.

1 Like

It is the adicts. The junkies. They are addicted to the negative neurochemistry. They were so used to getting their fix from patricia, millen, and so many more shitting in their cereal. They got so addicted to shit in their cereal that when their shit supply ran dry under Brad and Dan, they were forced to take action. And thus they started shitting in their own cereal. They even try to shit in their neighbors cereal to bring them down to their level.

This is basic psychology. Those that love the taste of shit will argue with me. But deep down they know who they are. And when they argue against this they identify themselves as devout shit swallowers.

Yes neurochemistry is addictive. If Norepinephrine wasnt addictive then cocaine wouldnt get you high.

4 Likes

You might be right

Brad and Dan will know to a certain degree what Hendon Hooker is this year.

However, being good in practice is totally different than commanding akd controlling and offense in a live NFL football game…is it not?

Hendon is going to have to show us all he can handle it…

Not sure how Hendon Hooker does that here in Detroit…

Goff? Likely going nowhere.

Brady wasnt the most talented QB in the league but he was the goat. If you dont see some of those traits developing in Goff then you are blind af. Goff’s superpower is all mental. Just like Brady. And Goffs mental processing is far superior to Allen and Herbert and at least as good as Burrow

7 Likes

Learn concepts. Dont panic. Make a read.

Simple, but only a select few can do it.

Goff can.

Drive concept? We are high-lowing the LBs…

Levels concept…same thing…

Curl-flat? Easy read…flat defender

Goff is learning and expanding. I dont think he will let us down.

1 Like

we should’ve traded for fields.

Why? He cant even read an elementary passing scheme. Chicago…who is desperate for a QB…traded him…he is absolutely bad.

is sarcasm.

2 Likes

Ah…so Goff is a product of his offensive line and Goff is a product of Ben Johnson. Amazing how this QB, who is only good because of the Lions offensive line and Ben Johnson, was able to magically do well enough at Cal to be a #1 pick and be a two time Pro Bowler with the Rams without those guys.

I guess he’s just a product of the Cal offensive line, Jeff Tedford, Rams offensive line, Sean McVay, Todd Gurley, Lions offensive line, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Ben Johnson and, of course, the Hot Dog vendor. Nah it can’t be that Goff is good, he’s a product of EVERYBODY.

If anybody is a product of anything, Hooker was a product of the one read spread offense Heupel system. He was a failure at Va Tech before his career took off as an older player in that very QB friendly college system. He has some talent but are some of you willing to rid of a top 10 QB in his prime for this guy who might look good in practice? I know I wouldn’t want to make that bet.

2 Likes