What is the plan if Tracy Walker is gone?

This is meant to be what do you think they’ll do and also what you think they’ll do.

IE: Sign Marcus Williams and draft Lewis Cine

For example

I think they’ll try and sign Marcus Williams and then draft someone, but I don’t know who yet.

I’d draft Brisker and then sign someone in FA. Use my money on A-Rob, and sign a D-lineman or two.

I thought J-Will already broke this news!?

Stick Fox out there and watch opposing injuries pile up.

3 Likes

I think he will be back but it not I think Marcus Williams has to be the target. The top of the 2nd/ early 3rd is a sweet spot for a safety this year. Could also see a lower cost vet like Keanu Neal who we showed interest in last year.

Marcus Williams an Terrell Edmunds( he is solid in box an then draft likely two one early We will play a lot of 3 safety this season.

4-2-5 D with 3 safety. Cline would be ok he is able to play bot SS an FS so is Jalen Pitre an later here are few Bryan Cook, Nick Cross . Joseph, Markquese Bell Scott Nelson

They use NB a lot for a safety thats what they saw with Harris last season that they liked . He has the physical ability an I think makes playing simple for him . Not as many brain farts LOl

But ask me what I think they’ll do and I’ll answer

1 Like

You want fox to play safety and quarterback? Not that he can’t do it but I feel like that’s asking a bit much. :rofl::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Play cover zero every single down

1 Like

3 Likes

Now we just need to hire Kevin Gilbride so Aaron Glenn can punch him and we’ll be off to the races

If we don’t sign him, the plan stays the same. We will lose a bunch of football games and not win a playoff game. Nothing about that changes.

Hammer Time GIF

I think Williams is the target, and walker will be gone. Draft a new guy

I have a hard time believing a lot of teams will be lining up to sign Walker. He’s ok, but nothing special. Either draft someone that doesn’t suck or sign a mid level FA with some starting experience.

1 Like

Isnt this exactly what Walker is?

1 Like

Yes, which is why i think he is easily replaceable.

It’s a deep free safety class so I think the Lions will let Walker walk (lol) - and look to upgrade.

I think Marcus Williams is a possibility but it’s more likely we approach FS via the draft.

The Lions ran a lot of single high and some cover two. I actually think they would like to run more cover two but they lack a versatile safety duo to be able to pull it off.

I think the Lions will look to get one safety in free agency and one in the draft.

Whitehead & Hill would be a heck of a pairing.

Williams & Brisker would be even better in my opinion.

Both the draft and free agency have some decent options in it and I think we can find a couple safeties who make sense.

2 Likes

Every NFL team runs some cover 3 looks but the Lions run less than most. When we did run a cover 3 we actually added an extra CB not an extra S. Maybe this was out of necessity but either way I don’t expect us to run a lot of 3 safety looks.

I do expect to see more cover two then last season.

I’m not sure he means they will play cover 3 much…. but maybe just use a personnel group with 3 safeties on the field like the Saints have done with Jenkins, Williams, and CGJ.

I think he may be looking at having Will Harris play the same type of role as CGJ at slot CB…. based on his earlier post.

That’s what you would call a big Nickel package

1 Like

I knew I wasn’t crazy…

grinch smile GIF