What percentage chance do the Lions take Jordan Davis at 2?

Oh I think so too and I’m not overly worried about his rookie season the way some are, but even if he hits I think we need another. Maybe that’ll be a big end like Hutch or Cameron Thomas or something, but it could also be a Leal type.

2 Likes

Holmes also implied that idea that “all” units can be upgraded in his interview

Yes we have a “strongest” unit and a weakest and both can still be made stronger

Who is available will determine which ujnit(s) are upgraded imho

Context. I’m say that in relative to taking Jordan Davis at 2.

Yeah. Totally agree with the latter. Finding our Cameron Jordan is the most important thing for this defense IMO. That’s why Leal intrigues me. If he’s going to shine it’s in that style of role in all likelihood.

How do you see Leal? DE or kicked inside? It seems like he is a better DE than inside player to me.

Get-up-the-field 3/5T

I prefer him as a 5T

Not enough talk of the NFCN here,imo. If you were building a run D to stop Derrick Henry ,for example, by all means Jabba the interior.

Is that the case here, though ? How do you contain guys like Cook, Jones, not to mention a QB like Fields ?

A run stuffer is a valuable weapon, but not the tip of the spear type I’d think was right for the NFCN.

Wasn’t this floated by the hair helmet dude on Woodward ? Dubious verbal flatulence and…a really…irritating…halting…delivery at the best of times, imo.

I’d rather them trade down and possibly get a guy like leal with the rams pick if that’s what they want to do.

It would make more sense if we were playing a 4-3. We already have McNeil and penisini for our 3-4. We need linebackers way more than we need defensive tackles.

1%

Technically speaking…, we don’t need any DTs for a 3-4 defense. :wink:

He isn’t even the best player on his defensive line and he is not worthy of a top 10 pick.

1 Like

I get that @Air2theThrown, and in my original point i did say DT needed to be addressed in FA or in the draft…but Davis at 2 doesn’t make sense because of the player and the other more pressing needs.

1 Like

Right now most positions on D are open I think they would like to move down a little.

I don’t think Hutch or other guy are locks for Lions.

I think Hamilton is more likely.

1 Like

I would rather take a guy like Dax hill than Hamilton. Hamilton doesn’t look as explosive on tape to me. He seems like a long strider that takes a second or two to get up to top speed. Hill looks like he was shot out of a cannon. You can’t teach speed and in the nfl that one step matters.

The difference in way i look the school doesn’t matter an if i could pick a safety i would take Hamilton an my second choice wouldn’t be the M guy would be Brisker an then Cine then Hill

School has nothing to do with the player I’d select. It’s about projecting their skill set at the next level. I’d rather take a safety with great speed that would also be a very good corner over a pure safety.

I know I have been on JD’s jock for awhile but I am wondering if the combine has changed anyone’s mind on him at #2 for us? He came in at a very good weight and really showed out. That along with the season he had I think really moves him up into consideration.

1 Like

More likely to be taken with the Lions’ 2nd round pick than the #2 OA pick.

I think he will go in round 1… but I’d be dumbfounded if it is in the top 5 picks.
He shouldn’t go in the top 10 picks either.
There is still a ton of risk with him (weight)… and his upside is not that high because he is not a great pass rusher.

1 Like