What #'s do you think Goff will have?

4500 yards
26 TD’s
10 INT’s

Basically an average Stafford season.

If all goes as planned, the TD:INT may not be pretty.

I can see a scenario where Goff doesn’t get a ton of the short, safe, and easy touchdown passes, because we’re too effective running it down the other team’s throat in the red zone.

In that case, most of Goff’s TDs would come from longer passing plays, which is going to tip the balance on the TD:INT ratio.

If that’s the case, I’d be more than pleased with it.

Goff was pretty darn accurate on TD passes in 2018. Threw a very catchable ball right on the money.

1 Like

That would be a bummer for Goff but for Teddy Bridgewater that would be the best year of his career. LOL

1 Like

I think Hock will be a big player for Goff. TD:INT is most important, telling season long stat imo. That should help us move the chains and get TD’s. Yards may not be great but I think that ratio will be an improvement from Stafford.

Making this post I felt like I was being optimistic with 4K yards. I think our WR’s are trash which is going to be to much to over come. I think Swift is going to have a monster year because he will probably have close to a 100 receptions. lol

3800 19 TD and 10 int. I do not trust our wr group at all.

1 Like

3500 yards. 19 tds. 12 ints.

It’s hard not to come off as one of the doom and gloom fans here. Truth be told, most years I’m a kool aid chugger. I just can’t bring myself to believe that Goff is good. He’s always looked very average to me, if not below average. And even if he’s better than I’m giving him credit for, he put up his best stats when throwing to three wr’s who would be uncontested #1’s here. He also had the best rb in the game at the time, a defense, a competent front office and coaching staff, etc. Everything about his new situation in Detroit is worse, with the lone exception of TE. Take his numbers from his worst season as a starter and reduce them.

I think your entire view is distorted if that is how you look at it.

3 Likes

Care to explain how it’s distorted? I don’t see anyone on our roster that sniffs Kupp, Woods, or Cooks.

Considering how Goff is being set up to succeed, considering he finally has a good center, I’m fairly confident he’ll do what he does when giving just a slither of time

4800 yards
28 TDS
12 Picks
98.8 rating

Easy

Swift is the wildcard. If he and the OL can stay healthy, Goff should be just fine.

The Lions stats may look more like the 2019 49ers with the TE (Hockenson in the Kittle role) and RBs (Swift & Williams in the Mostert, Breida, Coleman roles), getting the bulk of the work on offense with the WRs having largely pedestrian stats much like the 49ers WRs did that season.

1 Like

We should simply give up then…

McVay is a god, Goff blows… lock it in!

Forget McVay coaching Cousins to considerably worse numbers than he’s had in Minnesota.

Forget that when Goff made the Pro Bowl in 2017- with Watkins and Woods coming off 1,045 yards combined in 2016 and rookie 3rd rounder Kupp…

Hell, Cephus and Perriman had almost as many yards last year, as woods and Watkins had together in 2016!

3 Likes

Almost every NFL starter who played 15+ games had over 3500 yards in a 16 games schedule.

Goff had 3950 yards in 15 games in 2020… so he was on pace for a 4200 yard season if it had been 17 games.

Cooks played for Houston in 2020.

1 Like

If Goff “only” has 3,500 yards or something similar to that it means he either sucks or got hurt and missed games. That’s a really low number for a modern starting QB in a 17 game season.

I do think that Swift has a knack for goalline situations. Some backs just have a gift in that area of the field, and he’s one of them. This will push Goff’s TDs down because he won’t get as many cheap ones from inside the 5 yard line.

Thanks for sharing the video. Anyone who watches this video should realize that Goff really isn’t that far off from Stafford in talent, he throws a much more precise and catchable ball.

If you compare Stafford and Goff’s advanced passing stats, you’ll see that Goff’s receivers consistently got 5.7-5.8 yards after the catch in the last 3 years, Stafford’s receivers 4.8-5.5 yards after the catch.

2 Likes

Unless he’s passing it to Swift…which I think is highly likely as well.

Good Point Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

1 Like

17 games kinda makes you do a double take on looking at numbers.

1st, I think he starts all 17. Good to great OL, run game focus, nonrealy injury troubles in past, young.

2nd I think we will unfortunately not be in a lot of games late, and he will be called on to throw more than what Lynn would plan him to do

This also means later game negative script, so more longer passes with lower % chance of completion than planned, offset a bit by dump offs and swing passes.

240 yards a game is 4080 yards. Sounds right.

I think our WR are trashier than the Mary Jane Girls and Madonna put together, which now that I think of, probably happened. Digress…uh, yeah, I don’t trust them to do much at all. Hock and Swift will get peppered with targets and hits.

He’s gonna get some Stat Padford TDs due to Prevent. So, let’s say 25 TDs and a few extra picks due to desperation 4th quarter forces. I’m going w 13

He’ll take about 35 sacks, run for a couple hundred yards and 2 TDs on the ground. 4 lost fumbles. Completion% around 61-62.

I mean, that’s not bad. It’s better than game manager numbers, but it’s not as good as Kirk Cousins, which makes me think I’m on point.

Agree. Or pretty close to it.

I refuse to accept T Williams cannot regain his pre- 2020 form. 65% of his targets caught, 15 yards plus per grab, and 5 TDs per 65 targets… at least not while simultaneously assuming cephus won’t make a huge leap, AND Amon-Ra won’t be a productive rookie.

1 Like