What’s the “Den-story”?

I’m glad you added this
Because imo it is really cool
And has worked well for me being a lions fan
With little connection to Detroit - I knew no other lions fans.

Also , as much as stuff gets heated or even locked as sensitive subjects

I often approach these like talking to friends -
If we’re the community and more or less making friends here - like you suggest and I agree -
It seems like we should be able to learn with each other how to talk through and respect or even value our differences -

Much like the complexities of being a Lion fan which unites us

I often think what it would be like to actually have these conversations in person

It’s cool you’ve connected in real life and they werent axe murderers ( Thst we know of )

2 Likes

I think Dom did turn into an axe swinger…

3 Likes

I got tagged !

@Nate ayyyyyyy is there a TAG badge ? :crazy_face:

GIF by Star Wars

2 Likes

I ended up hanging with Winnipeg fan at his house a few year back!!

Canadian connection!!

4 Likes

I’ve met a few of the people in here. REALLY high quality humans. Very kind, fun, good family people…and they’re really friggin’ smart too.
I wonder if Nate seeks out the smartest and most handsome humans to run this place? Can’t be an accident…or can it?

1 Like

While we are telling old stories, I found this place thru a member named WhiteBull on a general fan site called NFLDraftBlitz. It had fans from every team on there together so it was an interesting experience. WhiteBull told me to check out the Den and gave me the link to get more Lions specific stuff, but warned me you guys were a bunch of nutjobs! I lurked a little before I started posting. I definitely wasn’t around the board for the 2000 draft but Ido remember popping my head in during the 2001 draft. By the 2002 draft I remember contributing a little bit but by the 2003 draft I remember voicing my opinion alot more because Charles Rogers was in it. I went to school with him and my brother used to hang out with him. I remember back then talking about how him and my brother would smoke weed and play Madden together. I also remember saying that while Rogers was listed at 6’-4" in college he was a bit shorter because my brother is a legit 6’-4" and he was taller standing side by side.

Good times.

7 Likes

back in 2004, I was living with one of my best friends-we grew up together, he got here first …probably by a few months to a year in before I inquired about the site :rw979802. I remember waking up and asking him what it was that he was always doing on a PC , I believe they were going from the cube desktops to the slimmer monitors then…but he said “I’m in The Den.” I replied " in your house?" sipping his morning coffee “no.” “in here.” “it’s a site.” once I found out it was a Lions site/forum , that was it ! I joined. I do the best I can, probably remember a lot more Lions and NFL facts , had DR’s not been scraping and cutting tissue out of my head as a young teen. But I’m a die-hard Lions fan…and met some amazing people on here and been through 2-3 different room changes… here all I can be…awesome thread !

5 Likes

And coaching changes

For me , there wasn’t anybody I knew who cared about lions coaching changes until I found an online support group like this one.

6 Likes

The Office Thats GIF
Deserved the gif on that one. One of my more proud Den moments. LOL

1 Like