What the heck is wrong with me?

We have officially entered the greatest week in the calendar year.

IT IS NFL DRAFT WEEK!!!

Excited New Year GIF

…and I really don’t seem to care all that much anymore.

Something feels wrong. I should be nervously reading through every mock draft I can get my hands on to see if there’s any new intel I haven’t read yet. Instead…I’m metaphorically sitting back with my feet kicked up. I have no motivation to go through pre-draft stuff as much as I once did.

And it makes me sad. After the draft…we get the schedule release, but other than that, we have to wait until training camp to have anything exciting happen. This is the last big thing until next season. Plus the draft is actually in Detroit this year, so I should be even more excited than normal.

It finally hit me today how weird of a feeling this is.

7 Likes

Well you still logged into the den at 9am on a sunday morning while in college… so I’d say you probably still care about the draft a fair bit.

Michael Scott Wink GIF

Getting up at 9am in college on Sunday would have been a record for me :joy: I rarely got home before 4am

5 Likes

Different world now…this generation is under mass surveillance 24-7. Can’t get away with 1 millionth of the shenanigans we could get away with.

And it’s the dating app generation…this generation stays home & chats

4 Likes

Amazing what life is like when you already have a good team and are ready to compete for a Super Bowl.

The off-season Super Bowl doesn’t matter as much

3 Likes

All you can eat wings… and a few beers often turned into 4am at the strip club thinking how did I get here and who are these people!? And where are my pants for the love of God. :joy:

Then hit 24 hour taco bell and head home. Very healthy routine it was…lol

4 Likes

You’re certainly not alone…

3 Likes

I used to look forward to the draft so much, as did everyone else in the Den. The whole Den page would be nothing but mock drafts. Admittedly I miss those days but at the same time I don’t. Our love for the draft stemmed from being perennial losers. We had nothing else to look forward to, it was the hope that we hung onto all of those years.
Now we have a real team, expectations are different. It’s weird but awesome.

6 Likes

I’ll say the same thing I’ve said a couple times… I’m giddy with anticipation. I know I’m going to look at my depth chart a week from now and be blown away by the new players and what that means for our depth.

3 Likes

That’s why you went to college for 7 years.

chris farley david spade gif | WiffleGif

Lol I just made a thread about the same thing last week. You are not alone my guy

Barack Obama Yes GIF by Obama

1 Like

Haha only 6 years for me… did manage 2 degrees somehow. :joy:

Shit i might go back for more…my liver couldn’t handle it though.

2 Likes

Having the actual Super Bowl be our Super Bowl takes some getting used to.

4 Likes

Bitter sweet for me. Looking forward to it but my dad passed away suddenly last year on the 25th so not really looking forward to that day.

We are all going to be sad when we wait all day, only for Holmes to trade out of the 1st.

Is it wrong to be more excited about the inside the den draft edition than the actual draft? Wtf is wrong with me too!

1 Like

I hope its for future 1sts in that case. Got enough Sorsdals and BroMarts for my liking.

1 Like

second this year and a first next year of course!

Me neither, but that’s primarily because Brad Holmes has been so good at it. They have access to tons of information we don’t as to who is a “Lions type of player.”

In Brad We Trust.

1 Like

Controlled but accepted Chaos!

The only thing that i know is wrong with you is your poor taste in college football teams…

But nobody’s perfect.