What Traits Do You Need in a Top 5/10 Pick?

I don’t either. It adds a bit of intrigue to the draft. If he becomes what he looks capable of, I’m going to hate him going to Chicago.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply. Anderson is roughly the same size as Parsons and James Houston.

I don’t love the scheme fit but Anderson is tough and productive. Find a place for a kid like that. Let Hutch, Cominsky, Romeo and Josh Paschal set the edge and let Anderson and Houston create problems on passing downs.

1 Like

Gonzales is definitely gonna be in the elite of elite tier for traits. Tall, long, he’ll blaze his 40 in the high 4.2s/low 4.3s. Great hips and lateral agility, he should crush the 3-cone and shuttles, and a triple jumper too so his jumps should be pretty badass. He may be more of a traits outlier than Carter or Anderson.

Kelee Ringo will also be a traits monster, but that’s combined with some mediocre tape and questionable decision-making. That’s why I said in my original response “a reasonable floor.” Ringo, Bresee, Murphy, Van Ness, those guys have lower floors than you’d like in the top 10. Wilson might too though I like him.

2 Likes

Oh shit yea, I aint passing on Anderson. He’s not making it to #6 though. I’m just not sure he’s an every down player early in his career until he adds a bit more bulk. But, I still see him putting up sacks and making game changing plays early in his career. You don’t get 27.5 sacks in 2 seasons by chance.

Can you imagine trying to block Anderson, Houston, and Hutch all on the field at the same time!? The nascar package would be the best in the nfl. Parsons plays off the ball a bunch, I wonder if Anderson could develop that aspect of his game for early downs!?

2 Likes

Totally agree.

Suh is the example to me. I don’t think he “loves” football in the way fans dream about, but the dude is a complete pro.

1 Like

The weird one for me was Andrew Luck. He retired because quote “he was tired of being injured and rehabbing all the time.” Yet, I’ve never seen a more reckless QB. He wasn’t just trucking DBs, he was trucking linebackers. Maybe cut back a little on the trucking of linebackers Andrew? Strange guy. It didn’t help that the Colts gave him a putrid o-line. It was 2022 Rams level bad.

2 Likes

Josh Allen is similar at times… but you’re right it’s great way to injure the hell out of yourself and shorten your career. Learn to slide fellas.

Don’t know about traits

My expectations are a plug and play above average stalwart player, not into positional value, over rated cliche imo

Just don’t whiff

Andrew is such a unique dude. The Honda Pilot. The flip phone. Just an odd bird.

He’s Von Miller, he’ll do well at that size in a 3-4

2 Likes

Yea, that’s the scheme fit for him for sure. 3-4 outside backer. The T.J. Watt spot in the Steelers defense. 4-3 teams will have to get very creative with how they might use him.

1 Like

Nobody pays $20M+/year for 4.5 sacks. Any team that does it is looking for production closer to his 11.5 sack season. That’s the rub, because its an extreme outlier.

He’s not Von Miller. And that’s why I think his upside is more limited than some people are willing to admit.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.