What Will St. Brown and Sewell Extensions Look Like This Offseason?

This not true, if brad calls there listening period. That’s there job they might not agree but the agent is going to listen Everytime.

That’s exactly what I said. He could have called. Those conversations could have ended with we will talk later. I never implied they didn’t have conversations.

My point is that brad might say we will talk later, but if brad has something to say that agent is never gonna say not now we will talk later

If you’re so insistent on nit-picking my choice of the words “we’ll talk later”, knock your self out. It was a general statement. I wanted something to get done. It didn’t. It disappointed me. Which is exactly what I said.

Dude calm down, you said that Brad could have called 50 times and the agent said we will talk later. And that would never happen. Brad might say we will talk later but the agent wouldn’t

There is no need to calm down. We know they’re in contact, Brad has said as much. They could have talked for three hours numerous times and simply never got a deal done. Which obviously implies they both know there are more conversations to come. i.e. we’ll talk later. Could have been said by either of them.

The Sun God is worth as much if not more than Chase and some of the other elite WR’s. He is going to be paid like a top 5 wr because he is one.

1 Like

Ditto for Sewell.

2 Likes

Have Goff/Amon Ra/Sewell all sit down and pull a big 3 like Bron/Wade/Bosh did and take a little bit less to build a bigger better team.

I agree. But it’s been brought up several times the lions aint spending much on defense.

Once we pay Goff. St. Brown and Sewell. The D likely is playing moneyball again. I’m okay with that because all the rules favor offense but that might ruffle a few feathers amongst Lions fans.

2 Likes

Not that fords dont have the money but i think all guaranteed money has to be put in a account
So with goff sewell and st brown thats some crazy money next year

Because Sewell is still young, and St Brown is as close to a sure thing to still be the same player mentally and physically into his 30s, Holmes could take the approach of giving them both six or even seven year deals with record guaranteed money for each position, but that actually comes in at a lower average per year than the top guys.

For example, $80m or $85m guaranteed and $140m total over six years blows any other WR or T contract out the water in terms of guarantees, but would only come in at $23.3m per year and would be really good value in the latter years of the contract. The longer deal also offers more flexibility to move cap hits around. It’s good for the players because they’re making bank with their guarantees, and it’s good for the team because they’re getting great value over the long term.

1 Like

It will be fascinating to see how Brad handles this phase in his and Dan’s budding dynasty. I’m anticipating extensions for St. Brown, Sewell and Goff in 2024, but Brad had zero problem moving on from Jamaal with a backup plan activated in a flash, so who knows? Admittedly, that trio is far more impactful. Yet if Brad went from plan A to B so quickly with Jamaal, you’d think his roadmap with the trio is even more detailed.

Was it just 3 years ago that Shiela dumped The Pencil and The Bat? We have a whole different class of problems now…

1 Like

I think the opposite making him play out the final year of his deal then potentially franchise tagging him will get a non top of the market deal done. If I was the Lions I’d try to do it now

It is a lot of money. But it’s not a drop in the bucket for Sheila and company. They spend more on prototype cars and production EVERY year. To keep things the same, change a body or create a new design and then manufacture X amount of said cars is 200-600 million annually.

Even if my numbers are high, the “Ford Motor Company” alone made a profit of 10.4 billion dollars in 2022. If you factor in everything Ford has it’s hands in (and I would assume this includes the NFL), the company overall itself made 158 billion last year. They could put 10 billion in an escrow account tomorrow and guarantee the next 50 contracts without even blushing.

Per Sportrac, his salary this year is $940k.

If that’s ‘working for free,’ sign me up for some volunteer work, baby!

Ra is a borderline top 10 receiver, I put him around 8 or 9… Some of you are slappies, and that’s fine, but to pretend he’s better than Jefferson/Chase/Hill/Adams/Lamb/Brown/Diggs is silly IMO. Those guys can take over a game in a way Ra never will be able to. Nothing wrong with that, they’re just different types of players. That being said, he should be paid around $25 annually.

Sewell, on the other hand, is possibly the best tackle in football… He should receive the same $25 million per year or slightly more and be the top paid player at his position.

Then throw in another 50 million per for Goff and…well…yikes.

1 Like

25M for St., 30M for Sewell, 50M for Goff… Uh oh, we B running out of $$$ How much for Hutch?

We’re going to need adults and one Villain in the room when this gets all figured out–along with 50 other mouths to feed, a practice squad, and emergency acquisitions. I want to keep the band together but…

We’ve got to be entering the comp pick collection phase that the top teams benefit from, as decent and even some elite players just can’t all be signed, unless you’re burning everything for a one year Rams-esque splurge. What will the Dungeon Master Brad do?