What WR DeVonta Smith's Extension [Could Mean] for Amon-Ra St. Brown

4 years.
$28m aav
75m guaranteed

Thats my guess

3 Likes

St. Brown has more catches, more yards, and more TD’s than Smith. Both in the same draft. 1 was a 4th rounder the other a top 10 pick.

Not bad Brad Holmes… not bad at all.

3 Likes

The Eagles literally have 164 in AAV tied up in 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 TE, 1 QB, and both OTs.

They are extremely top heavy and continue to push a massive amount of money into the future.

1 Like

if you throw in the 21mil AAV they just gave Dickerson, that is 185mil.

I don’t consider the Eagles a model organization to mimic. They seem like a full on clown show TBH.

1 Like

If only they kept Patricia…

chris farley art GIF

1 Like

Unlike his Eagles teammate AJ Brown, who is due $31M in cash in the final year of his extension, Smith’s number’s are realistic.

Assuming a base salary of $3,406,554 (2024) and the fifth year option of $15,591,000.

His new money of $75M is paid as follows:

• Year-1 $18,000,000
  • Year 0 -3,000,000
  • Year 1 14,000,000
  • Year 2 22,000,000
  • Year 3 24,000,000

$27M is probably the minimum for ARSB right now.

AJ Brown is so coming back around for a new deal

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

We know how St. Brown thinks.
He definitely wants to be paid more than other WR’s in his draft class.
St. Brown doesn’t have to discount because Lions don’t have 5th year option on him.
Its all new money after this season.
I will stay with $25M - $28M that I have been saying from the start.
But closer to $28M.
And going up each time an inferior WR signs a big deal.
The delay is likely on St. Brown’s team.
They want the market set before signing.
Jefferson will set the market and he reportedly turned down a $30M avg annual contract.
I probably wasn’t really $30M and he likely wants to know who the QB will be before he signs, but he will get at least $30M.

Jefferson is good enough to push for 35mil AAV and truly reset the WR market. Chase may even top that assuming Jefferson signs his deal first. I’m guessing Lamb is the first domino of those big three to fall and he gets about 32mil AAV. Jefferson gets 34-35 and Chase probably gets 35+.