When I read posts saying unstoppable Offense

It’s pretty obvious you need both offense and defense to win championships. In regards to Charles Rogers? How much did he even play? Seems like he spent a majority of his very brief NFL career on the injured list, so the Williams, Rogers pairing never really materialized. Plus the QB was poor and the offensive line was mediocre at best. In this day and age of relaxed rules for offense I think it’s important to take advantage and try to build a potent offense, but as we all know, even with a top ten offense, we still did not make the playoffs.

1 Like

Funny thing about team sports. You actually need a solid team and some difference makers. For the first time in a long time I feel like we are really getting there. Our team seems pretty solid to me with our role players and depth. We have positional strength at places and we still have positional weaknesses currently. I expect those weaknesses to be neutrals by the end of the off-season.

But I have no belief that a team with a true weakness will win the championship. They will be exploited and will eventually fall. However, those with some average position groups will have a chance depending on the play of the difference makers on the team. We are certainly getting closer. We may actually be there.

I’ve always said you can’t learn anything about drafting WRs from that experience. You can only learn about drafting busts, which is obviously bad for business.

It gets a little tiresome reading the same trope about our amazing offense and how terrible our defense was this season. We have the defense we finished the season with. We have the offense we finished the season with.

Last ten games? Offense broke 30 points 5/10 games. Not shabby, but hardly dominant in half our games. The defense held the opponent to under 20 in 6/10 games. There’s a fair argument the defense outperformed the offense down the stretch. We had a lot of stalled drives in several games. Both phases can and should improve next year.

2 Likes

I do like the idea of a guy like Tee Higgins added to our roster. That’d be fun. Probably not in the cards. But man would that round out the core.

Lucky for us we have
2 #1s Jamo & Saint Breezy

And a solid #2 that can go deep at move the sticks if we keep DJ Chark

1 Like

San Fran is Big Bro
We are lil Bro

On the road, on that field, in that environment…we woulda looked like Seattle.

SF matches up to well with us, they are essentially what we are building here. Just a head of us at this time

1 Like

Growth spurt…INCOMING!!!
Hahahah!

We are leveling the playing field quickly, & I can’t wait to see it pan out.

2 Likes

Call me lil Bro one more time!! I dare you…

Football Yes GIF by Detroit Lions

1 Like

We hope. Jamo was drafted to be a #1 WR but so far you can’t call him that. He’s only touched the ball twice in his career, right?

2 Likes

3 Times, 2 were touchdowns and 1 was a 50 yard run.

I know…the BS hold call got one of them called back

2 Likes

Eh, I think it was definitely a hold. It’s just, you could probably call it on every other play and they don’t.

1 Like

Until proven otherwise, this is the alpha warrior on our team.
#1 Overall picked 7th! hahahahahaha

2 Likes

Number 58 in your program, number 1 in my heart! haha we need 10 Sewell’s.

1 Like

I don’t think we would have looked like Seattle. I think they would have been a tough matchup with that talent and coaching, but I also think maybe a favorable matchup. The QB is talked about a lot but I’d rather face him than a really good one. They are physical, but so are we. I don’t think their offense is super explosive and I think our offense would have scored on them more than the Seahawks or Cowboys did.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.