When was the last time every team owned their first round pick in the next year's draft?

No 2025 1st round picks have been traded prior to the 2024 NFL draft ending, which means every team currently owns their own first round pick next year.

When is the last time that happened??

As long as I can remember, at least one team owed a first round pick to another team a year in advance, but maybe I’m forgetting something.

Here’s all of the examples I can think of off the top of my head of what I’m talking about:

2024: Houston to Arizona, Cleveland to Houston, Carolina to Chicago

2023: LA to Detroit, Denver to Seattle, New Orleans to Philadelphia, Cleveland to Houston

2022: LA to Detroit, Miami to Philadelphia, Indy to Philadelphia?, Seattle to NYJ, Cleveland to Houston

2021: Houston to Miami, Seattle to NYJ

2020: Houston to Miami

Just in the last five years

That’s a great question.

That would make a great trivia question.

I would parse this question up with this clarification.

When was the last time every team drafted with their pick in the first round or when ever team had a pick in the first round? That could be 2 very different answers LOL.

Well, you know LA has wrecked that for the last 7 years anyway.
Still, that’s funny to think about. I don’t know what’s funnier, that 2025 is currently unchanged or that we expect something to be pending.

And if the Panthers weren’t stupid, they’d have the Rams 2025 1st round pick…just like they should’ve had the Rams 2024 1st round pick.

2 Likes

1st round
no trades

2nd round
CAR → CHI
MIN → HOU → BUF
LAR → CAR

3rd round
TEN → KC
MIN → JAX
DET → NYJ
MIA → PHI

4th round
MIN → JAX
CHI → BUF
(PHI → DET → PHI)

That’s all the R1 to R4 trades for 2025. Crazy Kwesi has traded away the Vikings’ R2, R3 and R4 picks.

Lions draft capital for 2025:
1st
2nd
4th
5th
6th (Buccaneers)
7th
7th (Cowboys)

We traded our 3rd to the Jets to get Manu, and we traded our 6th to the Browns for DPJ.

2019 there was 12 1st round picks traded
2018 -16
2017 - 12
2016 - 12
2015 - 6
2014 - 9
2013 - 11
2012 - 16
2011 - 7.

Now a good chunck of these were made on draft day. Id have to look to see if any year had no moves prior

Atlanta may lose their first round pick for tampering.

1 Like