Where do you want a QB

Let’s say that Holmes and comapny have decided they want a QB to develop behind Goff, and they want serious competition for the starting spot in 2023.

If a QB is a given - where do you want him?

(a) I want my first ranked QB at #2OA
(b) I want my 3rd ranked QB at #32 (say your 1st and second are already chosen)
(c) I want my 4th ranked QB at # 34 (your top three are gone, someone traded w Jax @ 33)
(d) I want my fifth ranked QB in the third round.
(e) If you’re forcing me to pick a QB, give me whoever is left in round 7.

I’m going for (b) – Ridder @32 for me.

1 Like

next year

14 Likes

next year.

3 Likes

If it has to be this year, B is my preference and I’d hope for Pickett

2 Likes

Under center or in shotgun. :smiley:

4 Likes

Cole Kelley in the 7th, I hate our backups and taking a QB early this year in hopes for a Goff replacement w/o knowing what we have in Goff is irresponsible considering all the other holes on this team.

3 Likes

Next year, go watch Bryce Young’s release and ability to read a defense pre snap.

2 Likes

What’s up fellas! So I read your guy’s post everyday, rarely do I say anything. However, I have one question. I keep seeing mock drafts with the Lions taking a QB with pick 32. Why? The next pick is the Jaguars first pick round 2. They definitely are not taking a QB having golden boy Lawrence. So we could get a QB with the 34 pick. I don’t get the reasoning. Also, skip QB this year and fix the defense. Bringing back all of our FA isn’t going to make the D better. If Dean, the LB from Georgia is there at 32 they better pick him.

5 Likes

To get the 5th year to keep them under contract. Only 4 years at 34th pick. Teams like that extra year for QBs.

4 Likes

None of the guys at the front of the draft will be any better than Goff, with possibly the exception being Willis.

I’d be ok with taking one later in the draft, 6th or 7th round with the hopes they become a cheap backup.

1 Like

For me it’s at 34. We need a developmental QB so bad, that may be a starter in the future. Give me Ridder

2 Likes

thanks for playing the game!

for the record, I’d prefer to wait until next year too. While getting a bad team’s 2023 first rounder. like Carolina, Giants, Jets, Falcons.

but that’s another topic.

1 Like

You take him at 32 rather than 34. It gives you one extra cheap(ish) year of control.

If Dean is there at 32, I run to the podium!!

The 32nd pick for a QB has an advantage over the 34th, because you can sign that person for five years, rather than four. So, for the high-priced QB position, you get an extra year of getting that person on a rookie deal. It makes financial sense to try to lock up a highly paid position as long as you can.

Next Year s my choice in mocks i an taking Bailey Zappe with pick 97 . If I was GM i would draft anther position

2 Likes

I’d love to get a bad teams 2023 first rounder for next year. Do you like Zappe over Carson Strong?

Ridder at 32. Guys going to be best qb in this draft in 3 yrs from now.

1 Like

Next year. Goff is good, no need to draft. Goff is bad, we will have a top pick.

1 Like

It seems some just like Ridder best and are picking him at 32. That’s great, but who is your actual 3rd favorite?? :thinking:

1 Like