Where does Burrow rank on the QB list?

Where does Joe Burrow sit when ranking QB’s?

1 Like

Currently I’d say top 10, not top 5. But, that could change in a huge way soon.

I’ll give you an update after the playoffs in February.

2 Likes

Top 10. Probably top 8.

He’s a top 6 QB. I rank him ahead of Stafford as he can read defenses better and is more of a natural leader IMO. Anybody who watched LSU knew Burrow was the real deal.

He reminds me of a young Kenny Anderson. Bengals QB from the 80s

2 Likes

Perfect answer, brother!

1 Like

Qbs I’m sure are better than him

Brady Rogers Mahomes Dak

Qbs that are.probably but debateably better

J Allen

QBs that are right there with him
Stafford

QBs that are smidgen behind
Kyler, Herbert.

QBs still in the conversation that could make a jump up to him in a given year

Russ. Ryan. Maybe Lamar…maybe.

1 Like

Pretty close to how I feel too, man.
You may feel a little strongly about Mahommes than I do
You definitely dont’ like Josh Allen as much as I do.

Aside from that, pretty on par with what I think.

1 Like

Its all personal opinion. Think top 4 are pretty rock solid…order can vary…5-10 order can also vary depending on who you are talking to.

1. Mahomes
  2. Rodgers
  3. Brady
  4. Josh Allen

1stTier Rodgers
2nd Tier Brady
3rd Tier Allen, Herbert, Stafford, Prescott, Watson, Mahomes
4th Tier Burrows, Wilson, Murray

3 Likes

My list:

Tier one:
Mahomes, Rodgers, Brady, Allen

Tier two:
Murray, Prescott, Watson, Stafford, Wilson

Tier three:
Burrows, Herbert, Jackson

Only a few of these guys are ascending. 50% off tier one could be out of football in a year or two. Outside of Murray I think tier two is a stagnant group of great QB’s that will probably never be seen as top two or three in the league. Burrows and Herbert both have a shot to get up in that tier one in a hurry.

1 Like

I’m just waiting for someone to put Goff in the same tier as Burrow.

Just waiting…

Moone Boy Waiting GIF by HULU

I’ll happily oblige.

Top 15 Goff and Burrow.

4 Likes

I’d rank him currently #5, behind Erin, Pat, Tom, an Josh. In only his 2nd season, he finished the reg season as a top 5 QB, followed by the MOST important stat: he took a historically bad, hopeless, Lionesque, Bengals team and WON a playoff game, and none of his season was flukey. He’s easily at the top of that tier 2 QB list, knocking on the door of that elite tier 1 (where Allen appears to be).

He’s playing like top 10 right now but he is a ways out from top 5. If Germaine Pratt doesn’t make a great play for the Bengals I’m not sure this is even a thread. Recency bias I believe is having a strong impact. Lets have him show this over several seasons before we put a crown on his head. That’s exactly how guys like Goff and Flacco ended up with an inflated contract after a TEAM has a solid season.

1 Like

I agree with this, but technically he finished the season as the #5 rated QB, and winning in a place like Cincy is pretty big. I put him on top of that 2nd tier as of today…he could shit his pants going forward/next season, but if he keeps up with what he did this year, and even grows (like Allen has), he could easily be in that next-gen, elite QB status with Mahommes and Allen, especially after Brady and Rogers retire.

Winning matters and right now, they are winning. :slight_smile: I’m not saying he can’t be in that top teir, I just think it’s a small sample size on his rookie contact. They did not blow the raiders out, they won a close game and the defense clutched it for them at the end. Lets give it some time.

1 Like

The throw he made up the seam past the LBs helmet who was running step for step with his guy but couldn’t run with him AND look back…that was Elite level shit

By the time ARog and Brady leave he could be the best QB in the NFL…and no…I am not forgetting the guy in KC. Josh in Buffalo will be in the debate with him

2 Likes