Where is Jared Goff currently ranked as a NFL QB?

This is getting to be a Stafford debate all over again, about the only QB he didn’t pass in yards, TD’s and INT’s last season is Pat Mahomes. I’ll gladly admit Goff is a top 5 QB , but nobody wants to hear that and some fruitcakes say he’s only top 15 . why because he wears a Lion’s Jersey !!??

3 Likes

He isnt rated higher for multiple reasons but i believe that the foremost reason is that he doesnt have the athletic intangibles to make up for limitations around him. That to me is a fair reason and if we are in a position that we require him to make something happen on his own, more often than not i think he will fail but so will most qbs.

He used to have more of a turnover problem but so far with the lions he has been imo top 10 based on performance and is only viewed as an average to below average starter by those that over value physical traits, ie athletic ability, or those that want to hold onto the idea that mcvay was the reason for his esrly success with the rams.

3 Likes

Season 3 Fruitcake GIF by The Adventures of Pete & Pete

1 Like

He’s allright. He’s no Justin Fields….

5 Likes

You should really go listen to that Brad Holmes interview that is posted here. Or at least, start around the 57:00 mark.

1 Like

McVay can suck a horses ass, he hasn’t been tied to Goff in years ! behind Brady and Mahomes …Jared Goff was just behind them in yards, TD’s and had fewer INT’s.

3 Likes

Jared is a Top-10 QB for sure, more like Top-8.
My knock on him is that he’s not a crunch-time, big play guy.
I think Ben Johnson and Brunnell have made him a better QB than McVay did.

2 Likes

Yes to all of it!

2 Likes

I could give two poops on where he “ranks”……

Just win, and the rest will take care of itself!

4 Likes

That was McVay’s knock as well.

Hoping he’ll prove him wrong and win a game in the Divisional Round

1 Like

jim-carrey-dumb-and-dumber

1 Like

Encouragement Dog Poop GIF

3 Likes

McVay suffers from a serious condition called “Little Man Syndrome”

It’s not his fault.

6 Likes

Athletic qbs?!!!

Is the GOAT an athletic qb?
Was manning?

Goff is athletic enough and has a very good to great arm. If he keeps working on the game… on the field and in film study he is good enough to win with. Thats all that matters.

3 Likes

Every once in awhile a guy a guy comes along with ALL OF IT- Calvin, Myles Garrett, Giannis, Lebron etc- but most of the “test tube” athletes with unlimited POTENTIAL fail to even meet the standard of being really good…

Mike Vick was 2-3 in the playoffs, barely over .500 in the regular season, with a 1.5 TD to 1 int ratio and a ton of fumbles…. A career rating of 80.4 and only two seasons over 90 rating IN HIS CAREER.

There has never been.a player with more fanfare and hype over such a long period of time, with suck little results.

His peer group statistically and from a W-L perspective is Trent Green, Marc Bulger, Andy Dalton, and maybe just shy of Alex Smith?

• Goff is good, really good. He was at Cal, he was pre-draft, he was early on in LA nearly winning a ring by 23-24…. And he was the second half of 21’ amidst a talentless roster and gut job rebuild. Then he was top 5-6 in the league with Amon Ra, Brock Wright, Josh Reynolds, and K Raymond- plus spot appearances by Chark.

So far the Cal coach, McVay and now Ben have gotten a lot of credit. Yet McVays offense didn’t exactly make Cousins look any better then the multiple offenses he’s had in Minny. Goff not only didn’t miss a beat, but looks better, and….

Stafford has 51 TDs and 25 ints in 26 games with McVay. If Stafford has 27 TDs and 15 ints and the Rams miss the playoffs and Goff and Lions go 11-6 and he has 30 tds and 10 ints what will the narrative be?

2 Likes

No it’s because he has had some times were he played pretty bad, we seen good Goff and bad Goff and even some great Goff. But that bad Goff was bad enough it will take more then one good season to make people forget. I believe he will silence them all with another good season this year. Goff is not the same QB that arrived here. The guy got his confidence back and believes in him self again. I think he will just keep getting better from here. He will have some bad games all QB do . But I don’t think you see that bad Goff anymore.

3 Likes

What if it’s the other way around?? What if the Rams get back to the playoffs and the Lions miss with an 8 win season….if Goff throws 27 TDs & 15 picks, if Stafford throws for 30&10 and goes 11-6….what would that narrative be??

2 Likes

Top 5 arguably. Top 10 no question

4 Likes

Didn’t we see him ranked like 29th last year at this time by some of the self proclaimed “guru’s’”?!?

4 Likes

Stafford has averaged an interception per game in LA and led the league 2 years ago and was on his way again last year. If he only throws 10 interceptions, that would be because he only played a half a season.

1 Like