Where on the roster can the Lions get better?

We need more depth.

wiz khalifa conan obrien GIF by Team Coco

Couple of quibbles with your list. Alim is not elite and Kerby is not above average. Kerby reminds me of the Dre Bly of safeties a bit, he makes some flashy plays but he lets up a whole whack of big plays. He has a place on the team of course but I think they’re putting too many eggs in the Kerby basket, room for growth there though.

In any event, safety depth is a need to state the obvious, CB depth, a #2/3 WR (we don’t know what Jamo is yet), OL depth (a future starter or two), EDGE opposite of Hutch (will they actually play to Houston’s strengths?), place kicker.
Areas where they’re rock solid are QB, RB, TE, starting OL, starting DT, LB although lacking a bit with playmakers, GOAT punter @BigNatty

No real critical starter needs outside of Badgley, possibly corner since Davis is always injured and Amik is really short, possibly safety because they’re so young and have zero vet presence and EDGE opposite of Hutch if Houston isn’t what some of us thought he was. Some depth issues but every team has those. Team is solid overall.

I’m not sure why spellcheck didn’t catch that. LOL Got it fixed. Thanks.

GIF by Artero Professional Line

Drunk I Love You GIF by CBC

Adam West Reaction GIF

The Office Thats GIF

Happy If You Say So GIF

1 Like

100%. that was the biggest ■■■■-up by a MILE
Lucas ruining the greatest punt in the history of the game was also spectacularly garbage
Gibby fumbling - rook → ooooouch.
Reynolds with a drop on 4th and 2…and another drive killer on 3rd down

Even ONE of those 5 freak plays goes differently, we go to super bowl.

no problem, it just sounded odd. but it’s good .

Thought you’d like that assist

Nba Finals Smile GIF by NBA

Awesome Tommy Boy GIF

Using this model and assuming your grades are correct, which I cant argue with, other than I may have Hutch leaning towards the elite side and I’m not sure Gibbs has earned elite yet but if he continues where he ended last year, then heck yes. With that, it’s blatantly obvious CB and Nickel are two glaring weaknesses with edge coming in third. So if drafting for need strictly, I’m trading down into the second and finding the best of those three positions on my board.

That’s the logical approach but we all know that nobody has a clue what BH will do and simply put, I’m not about to question him ever again. :thinking: :crazy_face: This year, whatever BH decides I’m going to pee myself with excitement because I dont know if anyone has had three better drafts, especially considering they are his first three, than BH recently. Jet’s have done really well, Pack and Chiefs also but I’ll take BH’s drafts. Even though Lions are drafting so low, I think this draft will be equally as entertaining as the previous three.

that’s where I’m at → it’s why I really haven’t paid much attention to this draft… I just trust SO much. Since we got Gibby, I am honestly just happy. I’m more excited to see what they evolve into.

We got Gibby & I was elated…then…I saw what Laporta, Branch, Iffy evolve into. Look SO forward to seeing Campbell & Bro-Mart & what they “surprise” people with. Hahahahahahaha!

The Lions will have a Genghis Khan type rule for the next 15 years

1 Like

Here, “back there”, and everywhere.:laughing:
They are doing their job and I’d call them more than competent.

When we were picking in the single digits, the pressure was on to NOT MISS. With Penei, Hutch, etc., we didn’t. This year it’ll be nice to just let in unfold and pick up the diamonds in the rough that other teams passed on.

To the OP: CB, DE2, IOL, WR.

1 Like

You seem obsessed with moving Branch, he is and will be the NB. I doubt he plays safety at all unless there is wave of injuries.

1 Like

Its not so much as moving him to safety.

Assuming everyone is 100% healthy.

It boils down to who do you want on the field?
Robertson or Iffy?

Robertson is very good at the slot.
Iffy is Ok at safety. Was last years stretch a fluke or the new norm?

Your telling me they brought in Robertson to sit? I dont think so.

If they get a better solution at Safety then branch will go to nickel and robertson will sit.
But Moseley is better at outside corner than Robertson

I confess I haven’t watched too much of Robertson. But…

It’s my understanding that he was floundering at NB with the Raiders and then blossomed at outside CB. I’m pretty sure his focus will be there with the Lions, at least until the miracle recovery of Moseley happens.

1 Like

freak luck that both of 'em fell to us. The football gods have fallen in love with us.

2 Likes

I mean before he tore both ACL’s he was better. Really not expecting much to be honest from Moseley… very low risk signing though so I’m good with it. And maybe just maybe by mid season Moseley can help

2 Likes

I’m not sure you have read the Robertson history correctly.

1 Like

Kicker, de, wr, back OG, and cb

1 Like

Lol well that’s totally inaccurate, Robinson wasn’t very good in the slot he performed much better on the out side. Branch is your NB, and as of right now and probably when the season starts will be

CB Davis
CB Robinson
NB Branch
FS Kirby
SS iffy

If we draft someone witch I expect they will probably complete with Robinson for that outside spot.

But no matter how much you want it ,Branch is your NB and Robinson is a out CB.