Which one would you rather add to our DL

I understand both sides of the argument with him.

I see Kauncy is winning, 53% to Murphy’s 50%.
I’m beginning to understand…

Ok, that’s one. I’ll give that to you guys.

Is it just me or do 3 DEs get comped to Cam Jordan every year and they never end up turning into Cam Jordan?

Hmm…

Calijah Kancey

Ed Oliver

And the latter went 9th overall out of a group of 5 school.

It’s one thing to say that Ed Oliver didn’t turn into the next dominant interior pass rusher like he was probably supposed to. He’s also not a bad NFL player. Kancey’s body type definitely exists in the NFL.

Are people voting making the correlation that Murphy has to be picked 6 vs Kancey at 48? I don’t understand how so many would rather have Kancey over Murphy otherwise. It has to a context issue…

I seriously can’t understand the reasoning for so many voting Kancey.

Judon also isn’t 6’5" 275 lbs and isn’t always a hand in the dirt DE.

Let’s see what Kancey weighs in at the combine. You can look him up, and every prospect up for that matter, and get different height and weight results. And this is the biggest you are gonna see Kancey listed.

I think Kancey played at closer to 260 than 280. Probably 265-267. Something like that.

Give me Adetomiwa Adebawore over Kancey. That said Kancey at 48 or 55? Absolutely. Would be a nice role player.

Jared Allen (6’6, 270 pounds) had a lot of sacks his final year but most scouting reports chalked it up to the level of competition he was playing against. Here’s a scouting report:

Narrow base, doesn’t play with power or leverage. When he has to work the offensive lineman’s outside shoulder, they can sink their hips and collapse him down inside. He must run completely around them. If he hits them, he gets stuck on them. Doesn’t string moves together very well. No closing burst, struggles to double back. Limited balance, on the ground a lot. Fourth or fifth round (value). Showed up this fall (2003) at 273 with 19% body fat. Long arms and legs with narrow skeleton.

Michael Bennett (6’4, 275) was seen as so raw he wasn’t even drafted.

Chandler Jones (6’5, 265) only had ten sacks in his entire college career.

Zierlein’s scouting report for 6’7, 290 pound Arik Armstead starts: “Projection-based prospect with elite size.”

There are far more misses than makes but that’s true of the position in general. And while I’m not a huge fan of Murphy as a prospect either, I become a much bigger fan the further he falls down the board.

And I’d take him at some point before I’d take Kancey. The latter was a better player last year, but I think about it like this: Murphy’s got everything stacked in his favor to succeed in the NFL, while Kancey has everything stacked against him. If he succeeds it’s because he overcame. He became another outlier. If Murphy succeeds it’s because he simply fulfilled his potential.

Is their a worse player development program than Clemson right now? Aside from Christian Wilkins I can’t think of a guy that got remarkably better. Lawrence regressed till he got to the pros. Bresse regressed (though there were circumstances). Ferrel regressed. They’ve gotten nothing out of Xavier Thomas though injuries are part of that. And even with Wilkins he seems like one of those self-driven types.

I can’t think of one. My instinct is to say A&M but they’ve probably been a shade better of late. Just a shade though.

Trenton Simpson is another

1 Like

I would rather at 6 Lions pick from Lukas Van Ness… Tyree Wilson… Keion White

I can’t wait for the underwear olympics to come along and mix all of this up like a bingo machine.

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.