Which other NFL team are you a big fan of?

Obviously Lions over everyone by a million miles, but I’ve always been a massive fan of other NFL teams. Last few season not so much.

Rams I like. One of the reasons is obviously Stafford, and will forever love his SB run, and win, but even outside of him I really like that team. Puka is just the coolest. I also love their FO. Say what you want, they won a SB, the next season got killed by injuries, and then they got back in it, and I expect them to be contenders again even without Donald. I can’t help think their draft picks will be great. They’re just damn good at drafting.

Ravens I like, and have liked since the late 90’s. Everything about them honestly, although i do dislike Lamar Jackson.

Miami I kind of like.

I did like the 49’ers a lot especially the way they’re built, and how they play, but they fell off for me a little.

Usually there’s like 10 teams I really like, with at least 3 teams I love. Usually it’s a player I’ll really love. Lately it’s been pretty meh.

Worst teams:
Green Bay. Next to the Chicago Bulls in all of sports.
Cowboys. Probably 3rd worst in all of sports.
Can’t stand KC.
Can’t stand Philly.

Chargers now that Harbaugh is there.

Texans and Jaguars are fun to watch as well.

1 Like

So I take the approach more along the lines of NFC verse AFC.

In the NFC:

Lions
Giants I do not hate them but I should

Everyone else I either have no feeling for or despise (All other NFC North squads…even TB because I have a long memory I despise to be clear)

AFC

• so I have long felt it is 100% OK to have an AFC squad, it is not cheating on the Lions it is more or less I have a work wife. The Lions being the one I married. To be clear, I am an engineer so I have no friends at work unless they are engineers. And engineers are pretty much all gender neutral at work.

Steelers - huge fans since 70s and nothing has changed
Raiders - I mean the reasons are numerous
Miami - do not know why but have always liked them
Chargers - since Fouts and Winslow days
Ravens - consistent and really respect John H., Ozzy Newsom was amazing during his reign as GM
Chiefs - have always been a good follow

I miss the Houston Oilers. I refuse to embrace the Titans and the Texans seem so lame as a name and a team.

I have no other interest in the NFL.

7 Likes

All of this.

Used to despise the Steelers. Now I have a respect for them, and almost like them.
Was a big fan of the Raiders because of the LA Raiders gear, and used to love their uni’s before they became white (cough like this team now).

1 Like

I like the young talent that Houston has acquired and I like their coach.

2 Likes

This is a fair take. And I do not disagree. But my heart only has so much room. And the fact that the Oilers no longer exist means I can not have anything to do with any team associated with Houston until they are called the Oilers again and get the same tear away unis that Earl Campbell wore. Sorry it is not fair but this is life.

1 Like

I tend to also root for teams (1000x less than the Lions, though) that other family members like.

So its: (in order):
Steelers (wifey, in-laws)
Eagles (son)
Jets (son-in-law, grandsons)
Chiefs (wifey)
Giants (Dad and brother, a couple sisters)

One of my sisters and her recently-passed husband (and nephews) follow the Cowboys but that has definitely NOT translated.

Used to like the Raiders, though I dropped them like a hot potato once they moved to Vegas.

And, they had the BEST fight song:

1 Like

I was on the fence and then decided that going from Oakland to sin city somehow was even more Raider like.

Also, I kind of love the fact that Davis was in hot water in the WNBA because they found out he was dropping bags of cash on his players because the league was not letting him pay them on the books more than a certain salary (no idea number…because it is the WNBA but still mad respect). Also Davis is insane and has possibly the worst hair style in the world not named Kim Jong Un.

1 Like

I get that. It made me think twice too. But…nah.

This :laughing:

My AFC has always been the Browns, but I’ve found it really hard to like them since they signed Watson to that ridiculous contract. I used to root for the Titans too because I liked Vrabel. So my AFC team at the moment is Buffalo. I would love to see them win the Super Bowl if it ain’t us or against us. Also closing ranks is the Texans with all that young talent.

I have in the past rooted for the Rams with Stafford, but even before that they were exciting (2016) but less so now that we are good and they are tough competition. My other NFC team might be Atlanta if Penix plays early because he was one of my draft crushes.

I was a Chargers fan when I lived in San Diego and went to a lot of games.

Became a Patriots fan when Brady went there. I was hoping JJ was going to get drafted by AFC team.

I could see going back to Chargers now that Harbaugh is there and he drafted Junior Coulsen. I would love to see the Harbaugh brothers in AFC championship game.

1 Like

Even in the final Patricia year when I was at my lowest low as a Lions fan I couldn’t muster up any interest in another team. There might have been days where I said I would follow this team or that team, but by Sunday there wasn’t any genuine interest in any of them.

2 Likes

The Sunday Ticket has led me to watch more and more games, three monitors, tablet all on for Sunday games. which led me to watching certain teams a little more.

I was a huge Washington fan as a kid. I loved the hogs! Nowadays I more follow and root for Michigan players rather than teams. All the more reason I absolutely hated McCarthy going to the Vikings.

3-2-1-

E. None of the above.

Only the LIONS for me.

7 Likes

Are you sure about that? My 2nd and 3rd favorite team is whoever is playing the Packers and Cowboys.

3 Likes