Whistling past the graveyard Matt LaFleur: Confidence in Jordan Love isn't wavering

After the Vikings beat the Packers on the road, wonder what he will be saying then…

Typically, when you have to give someone a public vote of confidence, it usually means they are already laying the groundwork for replacement…

1 Like

Now this may be first time I ever say this…but I will be hoping the packers beat the Vikes

Cue Meatloaf

I would do anything for Love

(Hey! Commit long term. sign his extension early!)

But I won’t do that…

2 Likes

Rodgers. Favre and Love
2 out of 3 aint bad.

Mmmmmmm Meatloaf

2 Likes

Agree, but after growing up with the Vikings beating the Lions again and again and again in the 70s [they were 17-3], and again in the 2000s [they were 18-2 during the Millen era], I despise the Vikings far more than the Packers.

1 Like

Sheila tricked us last year. Apparently she actually had zero reservations about Dan and Brad. She was one of the few people on the planet. 1-6 was making me rethink my Lions bravado. Silly me. It’s gonna take more than one stupid blowout loss to make me doubt again.

1 Like

And just think, they chased away one of the best QB’s ever for this guy. It is mind blowing. Sure Rodgers is a whine ass and a bit of a hippy but he can play.

I am glad we don’t have threads about holding packers leadership accountable bc losing Rodgers to anything other than retirement was a gift

Tomato glaze or brown gravy?

graaaavy

2 Likes

Agreed

1 Like

Lol oh boy, everytime you guys start bashing a QB they come here a blow us up.

Before Seattle game alot of talk about how Geno was overrated and not that good . Then Lamar was he can’t throw, just stop the run and make him beat you with the pass , he is a runner not a passer. And boy was that full of shit.

Now we’re gonna laugh at Love and dog him. I would stop talking and the play talk for me. If we give him a 3.5 avg to throw the ball he may have a great day too. Careful for Karma

1 Like

We did beat JLo week4. And it wasn’ t close. Maybe he will develop but maybe not.

He lacks arm talent, something Favre and Rodgers had in spades. He’s not going to wake up one morning and just have it.

How did they see this guy in practice for three years and think he was going to work out?

1 Like

He’s like one of those sluggers that puts on a helluva show in BP but can’t access that power well in games. Bc in a vaccuum he’s got a nice arm. Not as good as the two all time greats before him of course but I definitely saw him make some holy sh!t throws at Utah State.

Part of it is the playcaller thinking he is better than he actually is. Its amazing how inflated someone’s sense of self can be when someone else is quietly ironing out the mistakes.

1 Like

LeFleur’s last 3 QBs were Goff, Mariota and Rodgers. He had success with Goff, had a so so season with Mariota, and had Rodgers carry his team. In 2017 he also had McVay so I’m not sure how great of a coach he really is.

In a way it’s like Brady / Josh McDaniels where McDaniels simply rose Brady’s coattails.

It was the same deal with Mike McCarthy. MM really thought he was a good playcaller, when it was Aaron Rodgers making his offense work despite the playcalling. Mike gave Aaron all of the freedom in the world to do it, so kudos to McCarthy for that. Mike got the Green Bay job after running the 32nd ranked offense in the NFL the year before.