Who are our best Free Agent signings ever?

If we keep this going long enough, we might hit 10 LOL

How sad.

1 Like

Good Call! Completely forgot about him.

1 Like

Yup - totally under appreciated because Barry looked like some combination of trick photography and divine intervention. Watching any other RB is not even the same thing…to this day. I expect to die never seeing another one like that.

1 Like

KVB, Quin, Tate, Bly and Tulloch.

Completely forgot about Stewart. Tough act to follow and he did well. Also want to echo Tulloch, who is still probably the last good linebacker they’ve had.

1 Like
  1. Dick Lebeau
  2. Nick Lane
  3. Mel Gray
  4. Golden Tate
  5. Matt Prater
  6. Dre Bly
  7. Glover Quinn
  8. Brett Perriman
  9. Stephen Tulloch
  10. KVB
2 Likes

Look, I know this won’t go over well.

But no one besides Bobby Layne has played in more playoff games at QB for us.

He set the team passing yards and TD records.

That has to get you in the top 10.

You know who this is. I won’t say his name so as not to open a portal to Hell…but you know…

2 Likes

QB Erik Kramer
RB Reggie Bush
FB Tommy Vardell
WR Golden Tate
WR Marvin Jones
WR Nate Burleson
TE Walter Rasby
T Ray Roberts
G Doug Widell
C Jim Pyne
G Ray Brown
T Rick Wagner

DE Kyle Vanden Bosch
DT Big Daddy Wilkinson
DT Henry Thomas
DE Charles Harris
OLB Julian Peterson
MLB Stephen Tulloch
OLB Romeo Okwara
CB Dre Bly
CB Chris Houston
CB Rashean Mathis
S Kurt Schultz
S Mark Carrier

K Matt Prater
P Jack Fox
LS Don Muhlbach
KR Mel Gray
PR Desmond Howard

3 Likes

That’s a nice list. I especially like the Doug Widell pick…that is a nice deep sleeper. I’m good on the receivers and RBs though James Stewart is right there for me. I have an irrational inability to distinguish between Ray Robert’s (nice pickup( and Larry Tharpe…idk why.

I don’t think much of the Rick Wagner pickup but you are probably better researched on that than I am.

I’m going to take James Hall over Harris, Glover Quin over either safety there and anyone at all over Julian Peterson. I mean, like anyone. That guy was riding a desk for a paycheck at that point…Jamie Collins-esque.

3 Likes

James Hall was an undrafted rookie Free Agent we got straight from college…I guess he might count but kind-of another category.

I would say the two biggest free agent impacts I think of were Golden Tate and James Stewart.

1 Like

Y’all are hurting Damien Woody’s feelings.

2 Likes

No particular order
Glover Quin
Dre Bly
Golden Tate
Matt Prater
Steven Tulluch
James Stewart
Mel Grey

I was reading an article earlier before I read this thread. It was the first season of free agency – and one year before the salary cap took effect the Lions splurged to rebuild the offensive line with three starters signed. They were guards Bill Fralic and Dave Richards, and tackle Dave Lutz. The Lions improved from 5-11 in 1992 to 10-6 and the old NFC Central title. It was an expensive investment that paid off in the win column. I had forgotten about those 3 it has been so long.

2 Likes

Dre Bly was my knee-jerk reaction when I saw this thread.

I agree with many of the answers previously given, most especially Quin, Tate, and Burleson.

Mike Furrey is a name I haven’t seen mentioned yet. Not top-tier, but a nice couple of seasons.

2 Likes

crazy a converted safety caught 98 balls for 1000 yards. Furrey is also the Bears WR coach.

1 Like

Hell yeah!
Move him up a couple spots.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.