Who are your favorite Safeties in this draft?

Jamar Johnson out of Indiana shocked me when I watched him. What a player, he’s my 2nd favorite safety after Moehrig.

I like Grant too, but he’s old. Turns 24 this year.

Holland is on the complete opposite end of the spectrum. Not nearly as refined but in his most recent tape he’s 19 years old.

Such a weird draft due to Covid.

In Holmes We Trust.

2 Likes

Found this list

So, after a few days of thought and some highlights, I like Moehrig, Grant and Holland in the second. Nasirildeen, Sherwood and Stevens as in the box SS types. I like Molden and Wade , but consider them more nickel corners, which is also a need.

1 Like

It’s crazy because last year around this Time wade was being talked about as a legit top 5 draft pick for this years draft

1 Like

I was thinking the same thing. 2020 was a messed up year, more difficult to evaluate many of the players because there were so many mitigating variables that need to be considered.

Rd 3 Tyree Gillespie Free Safety 5’11 7/8" 207 4.38 and a 4.40 at Pro Day.

I think its deep if you need a quality starter. If you are looking for a HOF type guy, well this class doesn’t have anyone that screams that. I’ll tell you this much we’ll be able to find a better option than starting Will Harris if we invest a day 2 pick on one. I’m on the Trade Down train so we can add another day 2 pick to our class.

1 Like

\you may be right about Will Harris or your wrong based on last staff not using him right. I do know he is fast an has good size based on pro day.

Harris (6’1/207) was a three-plus-year starter in the Eagles’ secondary, tallying 7.5 career TFLs with 12 pass breakups and five interceptions and earning third-team All-ACC in 2018.He tested as the No. 4 SPARQ athlete among safety invites by blazing 4.41 with a twitched-up 6.91 three-cone time.

Remember the past leadership signed Safeties from Pats so makes you wonder maybe he never got a honest chance like few young guys.

03/27 The Detroit Lions sign S Jayron Kearse
03/18 The Detroit Lions acquire S Duron Harmon in a trade with the New England Patriots.
The Detroit Lions sign LB Jamie Collins Sr. and CB Desmond Trufant.

Where are they now Just one worked out IMO an he is still with team
The rest failed an this new staff saw it.

Not saying Harris is great just saying we will see after this camp an season. Lets hope he is what he looks like he Can be.

1 Like

The new regime seems to be following the path that I’ve always advocated, use free agency to make your team as if there wasn’t going to be a draft (unless you are picking #1 or #2 and absolutely know who you are drafting). Lots of stuff can happen between now and pick #7.

Once the draft comes, you aren’t in a position of true need. Sure, some position groups are stronger/weaker than others, but when it’s your pick you get the best player (or the best deal if trading down).

1 Like