Who do you think helped themselves at this year's combine? An do you think the FALCONS should consider taking them?

Who do you think helped themselves at this year’s combine and do you think the FALCONS should consider taking them? And If so in what round?

I really appreciate your posts about the Falcons, but also curious to hear some of your thoughts on the Falcons rather than just asking us!

2 Likes

I do like Dallas Turner as a possible 1st round pick at 8 for you guys.

Adonai Mitchell would be a really good pick, but I’m not sure he’ll make it to your 2nd round pick as he could easily be taken late 1st. Would add more size and speed to your receiving core.

1 Like

@Davicus makes a good point.

Would you mind giving us an overview of the state of your franchise from your vantage? And perhaps how you would prefer your team attack the offseason. Your team is a rather fascinating one.

Turner would be a great pick for them. Does he even make it to 8 though? I think he’s the first defender to go off the board. Going to be close. The other pass rushers seem like a reach for them.

1 Like

My thoughts are that we are a few pieces away from being a respectable team. We need some WRs, DTs & DEs as we as a Manning Type QB. I want us to win a Superbowl in the nest two years to wash the stink of losing to the Patriots off us. Those are my thoughts.

1 Like

Let’s face it, the Falcons have a problem at the quarterback position. After the play of Desmond Ridder, the Atlanta Falcons can’t just hope he might be better in 2024. They have a new coach so they need to explore other avenues for a new quarterback.

Personally, I believe the Falcons should try to make a trade to the Detroit Lions for Hendon Hooker. Hendon Hooker is a talented quarterback that came out of Tennessee, but unfortunately sustained an ACL injury that caused his draft stock to fall last year. However, with a full year of healing under his belt, I think it’s just a shame for such a talented player to be sitting on the bench.

Jared Goff showed in 2023 that the Detroit Lions is his team. So basically Hendon Hooker will be there as a back up. The two quarterbacks are three years apart so by the time Goff’s contract expires, I’m assuming it’ll be renewed, hooker would probably be somewhere in the vicinity of 30 or more. Making such a commitment to Goff it would be in the Lions best interest to trade Hooker while the irons are hot, I think the Falcons could put something together that could bring Hooker to the ATL, where he would have an opportunity to start since his competition would be Desmond Ridder and Taylor, Heinicke, if we keep Heinicke.

In affect hooker would be our Brett Favre and since we have Zack Robinson as our new offensive coordinator and he ran the Rams offense we need somebody who can actually put some points on the board. I think Hooker gives us that best chance to do that.

We also need some wide outs. I miss the days when we had Julio Jones, Mohammad Sanu and Taylor Gabriel. In fact I miss that offense. It was high scoring and entertaining. I miss that.

I want to see us improve on this year’s defense. Like I said I want to see us win a Superbowl. Or should I say Superbowls!

Do you have an opinion on what type of WR? Speed guy? Shift YAC type?

Agree that you need help up front. Especially pass rush.

Yeah 'm not sure. The Big 3 QBs, big 3 WR, and Joe Alt makes 7 picks. Hard to say.

Well I do think Atlanta is the earliest pick as a possible JJ McCarthy destination.

2 Likes

I agree with @Cashmachine. McCarthy has to be in the conversation. I am not a Michigan homer either, I am actually a State fan.
McCarthy has everything you look for in a QB.
You guys have a decent OL with a TE and a RB.
I see Atlanta taking a QB at #1 and a WR #2 unless they can get their hands on MH Jr.
I am just happy of ya’ll that the Ridder experiment is over.

1 Like

Both. A speed guy like Xavier Worthy. An a YAC guy like Ladd McConkey or Xavier Lagette.

The Falcons should absolutely take a first round QB this year. Will be interesting to see who’s actually available when they’re on the clock though

All I know about the Falcons is their QB sucks and they fired their coach.