Who is the best comp. for Stafford?

Damn thats a terrible haircut.

R5ded6d1695451f21b3bf3199cd508bc6

^^^^ That is a terrible haircut!

1 Like

I’m no expert on this era, but isn’t the knock on Jeff George that he had all the physical gifts but was too big of a d-bag to succeed? Like, teams were constantly tempted by his arm, but they’d bring him in and everybody would hated him and the clubhouse would fall apart? Seems like a better comp for Jay Cutler.

1 Like

He was douchey but the bigger problem was that he was a major introvert and it came off as he just didn’t care, and then self-fulfilling prophecy and all that.

1 Like

Yeah, I think Cutler and George are pretty similar in that regard (and others).

It is clear from many of the answers here that people do not know what they are watching. Favre is the closest physically, but Stafford cares a bit more about the team and his craft. Favre played on a better team and better organization. The Lions should have been dominant when they got Calvin, Stafford, Suh and Ansah, but the organization never has a plan and allows whoever they hire as a coach & GM to worry about self serving interests over the franchise.

1 Like

+Levy
If they could have had some luck with Best, Young, and Fairley…Warford’s injury…that could have worked out very differently.

… come on … you’ve almost got it figured out …

Daryl Lamonica?

Yeah but let’s see how Stafford plays with a belly full of Vicodin’s!

Favre says he used to take a month’s worth of painkillers in two days

Still couldn’t pronounce his own name right

#Mississippi

tumblr_mor09nbvuq1s7y044o6_400-1

What about Brett Farv-ra?!?!

2 Likes

A cross between JaMarcus Russell and Ryan Tannehil.

Huge arm talent + doesn’t know what to do with it + frat bro.

Lol…favre, elway and Marino comps. :crazy_face:

Just want to put this out there.

A former #1 overall pick who never lived up to expectations after being drafted in a weak QB draft. Highly efficient and doesn’t get rattled. Isn’t afraid to check down, a lot, to find the open target. Seldom challenges with one on one balls downfield. Doesn’t possess an elite arm, but can make all the throws. Can occasionally make things happen when a play breaks down, but thrives more in a clean pocket.

Does this sound like Stafford? That’s because it’s not, that’s Alex Smith.

For those who want to keep pushing the narrative of comparing Smith to Stafford as apples to apples, I invite you to actually watch the game of football instead of looking up analytics.

Comparing Smith to Stafford is like comparing Marino to Ken O’Brian and makes me want to projectile vomit directly into someone’s face.

2 Likes

Well, other than none of the actual evidence and realiy supporting a Tannehill Purple Drinker combo plate,

eddie murphy ok GIF by Hollywood Suite