Who is the best player in this draft right now?

My bad if that’s what my post read like. He doesn’t have a history of injuries, and this just appears to be an outlier.

1 Like

Just how I took it, with an abbreviated 2020 season, thought I must have missed something. My bad, should have checked and not assumed more than you meant.

Considering the franchise made Barry & Calvin retire, Suh bolt as soon as he became a FA, and Stafford request a trade. I’m wondering if we even root for the same team. Maybe 1 of these decades you will actually be right about your defense of this shitty franchise.

3 Likes

The question is, who wants the #1 QB in the draft so bad they’ll sell the farm to get him. I’d much rather trade back to the 6-12 oa and get more picks in 22 and 23.
We’ll have 2 shots at a first round QB in 23.

1 Like

I think the top three are Thibs, Hamilton, and Stingley.

Tankathon has us taking

1OA Thibodeaux
28 Harris LB Bama
33 Dotson WR Penn St
66 Kenny Pickett QB Pitts

5 Likes

Pickett is putting up some sick stats this year. But he has Donald Trump hands. 81/4”

1 Like

Thibodeaux looks like he could put on about 20 pounds. Crazy speed. Looks like the fastest guy on the field.

2 Likes

kevin bacon dancing GIF

4 Likes

If it is such a meh QB draft, it seems less SOL to burn the Rams pick on him and hope.

But they have to get WRs. That group is a bad, bad joke, even with Cephus

1 Like

Ok I’m not the only one… :laughing:

1 Like

This year not sure! The best player I’ve seen is the Freshmen QB at OU Caleb Williams. The kid is sensational. He has everything you want in a qb

1 Like

The Lions pick is in…ESPN goes to live coverage of the kids draft party:
nancy kerrigan GIF

3 Likes

Hamilton. Getting a up grade in safety would be big.
I think we can get a pretty good DE in round 2.

That highlight reel of Thibodaux is insane. I know its a highlight reel and not a cut up every play, but his ceiling is obviously very high. I really wish he had played against Ohio State just to see him play a good OLine.

2 Likes

I am a Notre Dame fan and I absolutely love Kyle Hamilton. But if it’s a choice between he and Thibadeaux(sp?)…I’m taking that impact DE/pass rusher over the safety. Hamilton is a taller version of Ed Reed and he’s gonna be a great one. But I still have to set aside my bias and go with Thibs!

2 Likes

We run more of a 3-4 scheme. Does Thibodeaux play strictly DE or can he be an OLB and DE??

Obviously the best two players are Hamilton and Thibideux.

Unless we go on a late run we’ll likely price ourselves out of Hamilton, just based on the fact that I don’t think a team will spend 1OA on a safety.

But would a team spend a 3rd overall on him?
My guess would be absolutely.

Thibs presents the correct value but the catch 22 is this is a pretty dang deep year on the edge and realistically you can get a good one in round 2-4, so that begins the debate of weighing the value.

There are some damn good S options later in the draft as well. J Catalon from Arkansas, Dax Hill from UM, Brisker from PSU, Battle from Bsma and a few others that look pretty nice.

Guess you weigh the biggest payout…

Oregon star defender Kayvon Thibodeaux made waves in April when he stated he was making a change to play “more of an outside linebacker” role for the Ducks in 2021. Considering Thibodeaux’s profile as one of the nation’s best players and how successful he’s been as a defensive end (Pac-12 Freshman of the Year in 2019 and first-team All-Pac-12 in 2020), such a move created a stir.

On Tuesday, as Oregon prepares to kick of fall camp in a little over a week, Thibodeaux offered clarity on what his role would be in 2021.

“A lot of people have gotten that part confused," he started. "I haven’t had a position change. All I’m doing is standing up now. It’s just something that’s changed in my game. It’s made me more versatile in what I do. It’s just more to add to my resume.

5 Likes

Good post. Thanks!

1 Like