Who is your least favorite Lion ever?

Lots of guys have sucked. I don’t hate them for not being good. It’s the guys that are genuinely irritating, trolling their own base that irritate me to the “least favorite” level. AA is the top of the heap. When you include their families, Suh + his sister are a close second. She was a real treat. LoJack is 3rd for his catty little interview he did.

1 Like

'when I make my comeback to the league…"

Obviously he is not cured of mental illness because he is delusional

Yes, so obvious. How could it not be Matt Millen.

2 Likes

When I think “Lions”, I assume players. If you pick any person associated with the Lions, how could it not be William Clay Ford? Millen was responsible for a decade of futility. Ford was responsible for 60 years of it.

1 Like

Agree. I mentioned Harrington, and if he’s a great guy (as others have said), I should take it back. I hated when we picked him, and was extremely frustrated with his performance, because I could see it coming. I think he also was not a good leader of men. But perhaps he shouldn’t be mentioned as a least favorite if he’s generally a good guy.

However, You mentioned something else – LoJack’s interview after getting cut. This is one of the few times I disagree with one of your posts. I think the interview was insightful, plus he repeatedly said, he’s speaking from what he saw. I don’t see anything catty about it. I had forgotten about this interview but after re-reading it, I would put him on a list of most favorite Lions for speaking so candidly. We need more of that from players, not the mindless ‘we need to execute better’ mantra, and ‘just focusing on the next game’. I’ve stopped listening to players because 99% of the time they say absolutely nothing.

1 Like

Nick Fairley. He cost the Lions a first rd pick.

Fairley was immensely talented but was lazy as hell. He wasted his career because he preferred to lay on the couch and eat doughnuts. He had zero ambition after that FAT contract.

2 Likes

Russ Thomas is still pretty high on the list too.
Almost didn’t even get Barry because of that tightwad.
Nobody wanted to play here.

3 Likes

BMW.
A close second is Titus Young. I met the kid, and, it’s hard to snow me. I worked with the public for 35 years. He was a great kid! It was heartbreaking to watch.
I hope he’s doing better.

1 Like

The best year of his career was after he got paid in New Orleans.

Great idea Natty. :wink:

Gotta go Scott Mitchell #1. The reason we failed with a top ten roster. After that, a distant second would include a Ebron.

EDIT: just read the whole thread and this is the first mention of Mitchell?!? Christ people…

2 Likes

an down, magically good enough to start for the 49ers, after sucking here. I was pissed too, man.

Three I wanted gone the most were KMoore, SLogan and ABerry.

This thread was about my least favorite LIONS player, not New Orleans.

He was a part time player for STL (Zero starts) and New Orleans signed him to a cheap one year deal. Yes he had his best season but he was motivated and playing for a multi year contract. (My point!)

They eventually rewarded him with a big contract, and he stiffed them and never played again. He retired because of a heart ailment, the same enlarged heart that was OK’d by the doctors at the combine. I’m not sure how that ended but New Orleans refused to pay him and cut him.

He’s probably back on the couch crushing doughnuts right now.

1 Like

Ahhh, the mobile and elusive Scott Mitchell once again evades the watchful eye of BitterSyd. Check again Syd, the Giant southpaw is lurking above in this thread somewhere…

4 Likes

Man, would love to see Atticus around these parts. Great poster and I really enjoyed his weekly “Before I read yours” threads. Hope he is doing well.

Small tidbit about Eric Ebron. I dated a girl from Greensboro, NC a few years ago. She was a high school counselor and when I first mentioned I was a Detroit Lions fan she asked me if I knew who Eric Ebron was? Of course I did! She then proceeded to tell me about working at the school he attended and what a douche bag this kid was and how all the teachers and faculty could not stand his arrogance.

It all made sense. He’s been a tool since he was a teenager.

1 Like

Eric Ebron
Scott Mitchell. Not his fault the Lions gave him all that money. Earlier today I was telling a story of when Scott Mitchell clocked the ball on 4th down. No bigger choke artist than old Scotty.

3 Likes

You’re right.

Dude had one good year in college to get drafted high then he only had good years in contract years in the league.

He’s the only NFL player I’ve seen get fatter in season.

1 Like

Why?

Charles Rogers , Eric Ebron , Kellen Moore , Dan Orlovsky , Kalimba Edwards , KVB , Matt Millen , Martin Mayhew , Mike Williams , Aaron Gibson, William Clay Ford.

Jeff Garcia