Who Replaces JBC?

I personally don’t want anyone who hasn’t coached and been successful as an OC in the NFL.

1 Like

Marty Morningweg will be available if Harbaugh gets canned :joy:

2 Likes

I still think they need to let us, the den, be the next coordinator. We we mostly believe we are a smart bunch and could definitely do better than what they are doing now. We would once and for all either prove we are as smart as we think we are or we’d all have to just shut up myself included. I guarantee it would not be a predictable offense

1 Like

Kellen Moore.

1 Like

I would love to get a smart and innovative young coach. But do you want another guy “learning on the job” like Lombardi? Do we keep swinging for the fences to land a guy like McVay?

I think Kubiak would be the dream pick. He will make sure we’re properly executing the zone blocking scheme and the run game would, theoretically, be as good as we think it is and hopefully be consistently good.

1 Like

Agreed that the Patriots have been flexible, but I’ve not seen any evidence that MP can be. Defensive personnel moves seem to indicate that they are trying to get players to fit a particular scheme vs. bending the scheme around the players.

1 Like

The great thing about Kubiak is he’s almost certainly brining a running game with him.

Exactly and he’s been a very successful OC too. Has experience with QB and being a QB coach. He’s helped elevate the QB play. Also he has a lot of SB experience too. So he will get respect from the players. I think he’d be perfect to pair with Patricia.

Looks like Mike McCarthy will be available :joy:

1 Like

I like Kubiak’s system and think it would suit Matt well. Play Action, scheme to roll him out of the pocket and let it rip down the field. I think our OL would work with Kubiak’s zone blocking system as well. It’s a reallly good suggestion. That’s why it’s really gonna suck when the Packers have the same idea and he’s OC for them instead. If Kubiak wants to be an OC again he would be in high demand.

Kliff Kingsbury may be available. That would be fun at least.

2 Likes

I’d hire Joel Quenneville as a coach before McCarthy.

But on these lighter notes, Marty Mornhinweg may be looking for a job soon … :smirk:

1 Like

Larry Fedora is now available. Both he and Kingsbury would be solid if we want to go for more college influence in the offense. Both are bright offensive minds.

Out of the box thinking, how do you think big game coach Urban Myer would do as an OC?

Urban is a fantastic offensive coach. I’m not a fan of him as a person but he’s a damn good football coach and a brilliant offensive guy. He would never be a NFL OC of course. NFL head coach? Not sure.

The reason I’m a fan of going the college route for an OC (if we can’t get Kubiak) is the amount of seperation their schemes tend to generate for their WRs. Stafford needs some margin for error IMO

I think it will be Shane Waldron. Coached for the Patriots for 4 years as a TE coach and Low level assistant… then went under Mcvay in Washington. Is now the passing game coordinator for the Rams. He’d be a perfect fit, on the forefront of the modern passing game, and has a history with Patricia.

It could also be Chad O’Shea. He coached in houston, KC, Minnesota and has been NE wrs coach for the last 5 years.

2 Likes

It has begun …

https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/1066741924139229184?s=19

Here’s a name for you: Chip Long, Notre Dame OC

1 Like

The 3 best play callers in the league are Head Coaches.
Defense USED TO win championships.
Welcome to the new NFL.

2 Likes