Who’s the player the lions can least afford to lose?

If you take out the obvious answer of Goff, I’m going with Hockenson.

Everybody–players, coaches, analysts, fans–have said Hockenson is in line for a huge year. He’s going to be the focal point of the offense. With the current wr corps, losing Hockenson to injury would be devastating.

2 Likes

Probably Levi Onwuzurike. No one can rush except him. I know, he’s a rookie.

Tavai.

He lost weight and looks faster. How you gonna replace those skills?

I mean, I could be describing Richard Simmons too, who probably could play LB better than Tavai did last year…but…

2 Likes

Prater…Oh, wait.

Goff
Swift
One of these cats goes down, so does the rest of the ship

Goff, Swift, Hock…I don’t see many wins if any one of these 3 guys miss significant time. Just not enough offensive firepower

1 Like

Without Goff, the Lions are a 1-15 or 2-14 team.

1 Like

Don Muhlback

2 Likes

I can’t see them surviving without the cheerleaders…

1 Like

Losing Goff or hock would be rough.

Losing Goff would certainly tank our season, but as I’m keeping my hopes in check this year and see .500 as our ceiling, I don’t think he would be our worst loss.

For me, losing a young guy who needs reps to develop would be the worst. Sewell, Okudah, Jonah Jackson, Swift, etc… Those guys need to play so they can be our stalwarts in 2-3 years.

Sweating to the oldies with Tavai and Richard! Available now on VHS, limited time only. Call now!

richard simmons GIF

1 Like

To me it may be LBer Jamie Collins. Jamie still has real NFL game and he is our only proven NFL LBer. He can do it all and I think this staff will get a great season out of Collins. No one else can do what he can do here.

Folks mention Goff but we are focusing on running the football and if Goff gores down having a mobile back up might work in the short term. I think Blough has a shot at the #2 job (or to stick as a #3 QB) and I don’t think we will be as bad as under Patricia when Matt went down.

I was talking about injury yes. I thought about Goff but if our offensive line is as good as advertised I think Boyle or blough could be serviceable. The majority of quarterbacks in the nfl can be good if given enough time to throw. Especially if the lions actually have a run game.

Losing ragnow torpedoes all of that.

I honestly think we’d be ok with Williams if swift goes down. If our line is elite we should be like the Broncos of the late 90’s early 2000’s. Where we can just plug in a back and he’ll produce.

1 Like

With no passing threat the running game ain’t happening. As it is, the Lions’ wide receivers aren’t scaring anybody.

Better keep Goff upright.

1 Like

From a production standpoint you’re right. Our receivers don’t scare anybody. But their speed will get people’s attention. In the nfl you just never know when a breakout season will happen and by who. Did anyone ever expect rich gannon to become a pro bowl quarterback? Or wes welker? Sometimes it just takes the right scheme and good health.

2 Likes

Or FOX?
:wink:

…Had to, man!

Hockenson on O. Possibly Swift. Two young players due for big years.
I’d say Tracy Walker on D. Scary how little safety depth we have. Brockers would be a big setback too.

I don’t think Brockers would be a setback. I watched him in the rams playoff game and wasn’t really impressed. He’s solid at this point in his career but replaceable. I think he’s here more for the culture and leadership.

I’m going to be really curious to see who we add after teams make training camp cuts.

1 Like