Who step up with Davis out

I really like what I have seen from JRM this summer he has put on some weight and didnt lose any speed.I can see him taking a big step this year his cover skills are a huge part of that.I know they really like the young kid there 2nd rd pic so I expect to se slot of him on run downs especially.

1 Like

Tavai will be fine

I’ve liked reeves-maybin since his days back as a Tennessee volunteer. I agree he seems to really be ready to take step forward and I like his coverage skill potential.

1 Like

I dunno Wes, I remember that Tavai had some trouble covering our FB in practice, he might a little trouble with David Johnson (did I get his name right?). And Murray is one quick little sucker, I wonder if JRM is better suited than Tavai is to be the MLB against AZ. They’ll probably split time there with Tavai in there on 1st downs and JRM on passing downs.

1 Like

Yep, David Johnson; AKA the Cardinal consolation prize for Arizona “missing out” on Ameer Abdullah.

He was really good until he played us game 1 a couple years ago and broke his wrist, hasn’t been the same since.

1 Like

It’s certainly going to serve as a huge opportunity for JRM to galvanize himself with the starting bunch.

I’ve always thought he could serve as a diamond in the rough, especially if he gained weight – so needless to say, I’m excited/nervous for his season this year.

1 Like

Have a feeling we might see Killebrew get some reps this week in coverage with the packages the Cardinals might put out there

1 Like

I’m sure they will try to move Tavai around. That’s part of what they liked about him, his versatility.