Who will be the Lions’ most important offseason addition?

I think it’s DJ Reader. He is a force multiplier inside and going from Benito Jones to DJ Reader is a massive upgrade.

6 Likes

1st reaction is “Reader, duh”.

Then I remember again the complete makeover in the secondary and it gives me pause.

But it’s still Reader.

1 Like

Makes the entire defense better, ranging from Hutch’n’the boys to the LBs, to the entire defensive backfield. Reader, combined with the growth of Bro-Mart will make every the entire rest of the defense much more effective.

Torn between Reader and one of the new DB’s as they will benefit each other.

1 Like

True that. We aren’t used to the idea of coverage sacks in recent history. We’re used to guys running wide open and CBs getting exposed every week. Here’s hoping for a monster year from the entire DL.

1 Like

Reader for sure.
Then Davis.
Then Zeitler.

Those 3 were huge adds. Stud NT, very good vet guard and a guy who can play man coverage.

2 Likes

I think Zietler is probably the most underrated addition. Jonah was very inconsistent last year. OLine could take even another step further this season.

2 Likes

Durability was a factor…still can’t believe how much money he got from the Rams. He got paid like he’s elite. He’s decent but far from elite.

2 Likes

He has put elite play on tape, just not consistently. They must feel he just fits them better.

I personally would not have paid him even 10mil AAV on a multi year deal. I don’t believe in investing that much in guards and I wasn’t his biggest fan.

2 Likes