Why I support this Coaching Staff and Front Office for Another Season

True dat.

You can tell the coach by the players. Since the beginning, Pat didn’t ingratiate himself to his players. And his message isn’t getting delivered. To me, it was over when they practiced outside, in the snow, before an indoor game. He’s just a copycat of BB. So is our GM

Conversely, to me frankly it doesn’t make a lot of sense for a team that plays in the midwest NFC North division that has two opponents each year that play their home games in outdoor stadiums and therefore likely the Lions will play at least one or two games a year in those stadiums alone under inclement conditions to not practice outside in inclement weather. And in order to do that you do so when you are experiencing inclement weather in your own area where your practice field is located. the fact that Green Bay or Chicago, for example maybe getting snow doesn’t necessarily mean that Detroit is especially earlier in the week when practice is taking place. so you practicing inclement weather when you have the opportunity to practice in inclement weather. I was amazed at the amount of whining that took place on that point. Frankly I wish they played in an outdoor stadium full-time which would provide them with a better home field advantage versus a myriad of opponents who don’t play in difficult weather conditions regularly

2 Likes

:rofl:

They played two of their final games against buffalo and Green Bay outdoors. Multiple players said practicing in the cold helped them…

I’m telling you right now you don’t FUCK with our offense ! That line ? yeah it’s just letting defenders through too damn easily So fix the dayum leaky parts and get straight monster mother -fookies in there , that do they jobs well .problem solved . cut those wanna be linemen that are causing problems. But the current offense CAN already move the ball…don’t get cute and ruin that part of our offense ! Defense haaaa I have no clue that shits bouncing off the walls and I wanna just say “oh it’s the injuries.” but the system and scheme is broken-defensively…an we likes to point fingers all around but at the end of the day , IMO- The defense is 80% on the DC , because the DC says “trust me.” , “this is my plan and it is strong and can’t be solved.” but with The Detroit Lions, it is VERY suspect in this era. In Turn, I look at Paul P and ask why what are you doing ? CLEARLY it’s not working !
Now I know Patricia is right there “supposed to be the defensive mind” BUT his Title is HC and my Spidey senses tell me that Paul P wants to run the D by himself with very little to NO imput from Patricia. I think they butt heads and caused some confusion and maybe lead up to some of the injuries mostly on that side of the team.

I just dunno. Some it (defense) is injuries, some of it is talent/execution, and some of it is scheme and defensive play-calling. Fine by me if Paul P. gets fired, but as others have said it’s really on Patricia. It looks like these guys have to sell out to stop the run, but in so doing they don’t get any pressure on the QB. And they just don’t have an interior guy that is good at collapsing the pocket, when you got the time and the space to step into it then your secondary is hung out to dry. Not many NFL secondaries can cover that long. Until they get a consistently good pass rush, they are fucked.

One more year, that’s it. Fix it or get somebody else who will.

1 Like

Right on Wise. There are some really great points in this thread.

The offense has been okay overall. Year one of this scheme and the development in DB’s system seems like it is right on track.

As we all know we are talking about the defense and looking back I can now see a perfect storm brewing between Harrison missing lots of time. Slay missing time, Melvin as a new starter, Coleman as a new starter (who struggled early in camp), Mike Daniels and then no Mike Daniels, Flowers being hurt a lot and then missing Hand. Add to that Jarrad Davis’s high angle sprain late and a rookie LBer and not only is that a lot of change these guys didn’t get enough time and reps early. I am not saying this is an excuse but I can see how far we had to go now to be a competitive defense. A’Shawn Robinson was a guy who looked great in 2018 but he is just not stepping up in a contract year. He was said to be in teh dog house in 2018 and maybe there is an issue there?

We need a healthy Flowers, a healthy and happy Harrison coupled with a healthy Hand (who went down very, very early).

I like it, but want a big, nasty DT as well. We have enough cap space to get that done? I’m not as confident in bringing Slay back as you are either, brother.

1 Like

I love to see a rush end, A big nasty DT, Hand back healthy, Kennard back with davis still moved to the outside. Tavai making a huge step forward and taking over the middle. If sly stays im ok with the secondary this year.

I want Patricia back for yet another year so he can finish with double digit wins for his career.

2 Likes

Im just spit balling here, but i wonder how jones would be at 3-4 inside LB? He is same weight and an inch taller that Tavai. They drafted Tavai because he fit the mold they wanted at ILB.

Im ok with resigning Daniels at a significantly lower rate.

1 Like

The biggest changes id like to see is everyone staying healthy. Soo many injuries this season was a huge issue. Weather it be from a change in the strength and conditioning coaches or whatever. I just want to see a game we dont have a high number of injuries.

If you looking at PP’s staff picture on NFL.com he looks lost and confused.

1 Like

He looks like a dork to me. Or Marinelli’s dad, “Pad level, Godammit! Pad level!”.

Okay, that wasn’t very nice, but will it matter if he stays or goes, it’s Patricia’s defense no matter who the DC is. Is the new guy gonna look MP in the eye and say, “you idiot, that won’t work! We’ll do it my way!”

Maybe a new guy will have some different ideas that might work better than rushing 3. Yeah, rushing 2, that’s it. Kill me now.

I want Patricia and Quinn gone.

Patricia was supposed to improve the defense and it’s the worst D in the league. That’s unacceptable. They spent a ton of resources last off-season to make it a top 10 defense this year. Let’s face it, the Belichick coaching tree has all dead branches. Patricia has been an unmitigated failure in all respects.

Quinn is a poser and doesn’t know what the fuck he’s doing.