Why I think Anthony Richardson's in play at #6

Isn’t there a bad ass guard that played at Florida this year that is draft eligible?

Yes they have a few players worthy of a pick.

1 Like

Agree brother. I want wright personally……I think also you can like someone and use that and an excuse to go see the real person you want. Please don’t take my saying 100% they like them as a challenge. I’ve heard from people they do like them it is sincere……but of course they doesn’t mean they like em enough to take them. Although like you insinuated miller fits their lb vision. If I had to put money on it the 5x were to see ar15 and w the info you previously mentioned it’s (lance) it’s easy to see why Brad would be at least interested.

I have said for a while AR15 is the guy I’d gamble on…….

What I’m really curious to see is if they pass on corner in the first bc it’s a deep class or do they say f that and grab one in the first. I could see them use 18 to trade up for either…the corner who is there they want or maybe the qb if he slips……but right now I don’t see how AR15 gets past all the qb needy teams to 14-18 range if you want him.

2 Likes

I think he was the main reason we went, not the only reason.

I’m completely willing to admit that I could be wrong. Like I said I’m just trying to read the tea leaves here. But when guys like Dane Brugler - who’s very connected with the league - say we were there to scout Richardson, I tend to believe him. It would just be too much of a coincidence to me, no matter who else we scouted during those games.

3 Likes

What fives games did they go to?
Who were the opponents?

Oh no worries, I didn’t. I just know you’re connected with the team and an interest in Torrence would somewhat surprise me based on the way we use our iOL.

3 Likes

You are 100% spot on here. I have heard tons of people say he is one of the people you listen to and pay attention to his mocks. Interestingly enough slot of people who are ar15 to Detroit in the national football media are west coast based personalities who have followed Goff since college…….this topic really isn’t an uninformed or hater topic……it’s a legit talking point.

2 Likes

I’m not saying there is no chance that we draft Richardson with the 6th overall pick. I’m just saying if we do I will shlt my pants, fedex myself the evidence, and take pictures to prove it.

2 Likes

The only one I know for sure is Vandy. And he had a pretty bad game for what it’s worth.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not disagreeing that there is interest in Richardson by Detroit.

Yes,maybe they want to see D prospects handle a running QB since we are medieval hot asscheecks against them

2 Likes

Bookmarking this for post-draft just in case
:joy:

4 Likes

Dane Bramage?

Cuz, yeah, his track record? Either Nostradamus he aint or Drew Sharp he is.

That Sewell fella wasn’t a bad pick @ #7 either.

1 Like

I am a man of my word/turd.

Feel free to pm him proof if it happens.

1 Like

WTH is a super tag?

Sounds like some thing that might come in handy at the airport with your luggage?

I’ll tell you what impressed me. He improved as the season went along and overall his best games were agains the best opponents. UGA doesn’t count bc he got hurt literally the first play. I was so pissed bc I wanted to see him play that game, he took a qb run to the left sideline and a corner hit him square in the hip upper thigh……think he got a pointer….but he was useless after.

4 Likes

Any QB who comes in here is Goff’s backup, period. Any other way of viewing it is using your emotions and not your brain. The kid might eventually take over the job. But that’s not happening from day 1. That’s a process. And until then we will be playing football short handed because we chose to take a backup QB instead of someone who can actualy help us win football games.

If we want to look at QB starting in the 2nd round, I’m okay with that. I just don’t think backup QB in the 1st round is a good use of resources for a team in our position. And for the record if Brad called me and asked what QB to take, I would tell him Richardson.

Every edge in the entire 1st round contributed to their teams in year 1. One of them will even be starting in the Super Bowl.

You were very clear in your desire to draft a QB early this year and replace Goff. So of course you “agree with his premise.”

1 Like

Short for superman!

Dog Superman GIF

1 Like