Why is our defense so bad?

Those were the early quotes here are some more recent quotes:

“I’m even more excited about (Barnes) right now,” Sheppard said. “…He’s done everything and more that I have asked. He has completely bought in.

“Derrick Barnes is coming! And, that’s a real thing. That player is a very explosive, very violent, very strong linebacker,” said Sheppard
You copied part of the quote I added the rest. YOU SLY DOG.

Well now that you mentioned it well ya
Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Kelvin is saying he’s physically talented. That’s not the issue. He just has no idea how to diagnose plays. “Ball go right, he go left” - There is really nothing more to be said than that quote. It sums up everything and explains why he’s not getting any reps on defense.

“Ball go right, he go left”

2 Likes

I don’t care who you know, I know Barnes and he is not struggling in practice. That is poppycock, a way for you to defend the obvious favoritism that is going on without rebuke. Why are we not hearing this from any coach. Not one coach in the past two weeks have spoke to Barnes struggling with reads in practice. But we are suppose to believe you, a friend of a friend of a friend.

Every report I here, from a better source, is that they have settled in on Anzalone and Rodrigo as the starters, and that is not to say Barnes and Board are not doing their jobs. Board is viewed as the third down linebacker. Your excuses for Anzalone playing is just that, excuses. You ignore all my posts about Anzalone inability to play and muddy the waters with poppycock about Barnes. You can not do the same with Board so you ignore that argument too. The dust will clear soon.

You want someone to believe that a pro linebacker in the same practice everyday, with the same players is constantly making the same wrong reads, you would have to be an idiot to do that.

If wrong reads produces a game were a player has 9 tackles, and 1 pass break up in the red zone against a Super Bowl bound team, I will take the supposed wrong reads. How can you produce like that on 32 snaps if you can’t read the plays. I DON’T BELIEVE IT THAT’S BS, purely subjective and hard to disprove.

Have you seen this in film, if so show me the play. You are blindly following what people say and not drawing your on conclusions I can not value an opinion based on media blurbs, watch the tape and tell me what you see on film. I am basing my opinions on facts, what I see not what I read or hear. 9 tackles 1 pass breakup in the red zone in 32 snaps, that’s the facts, you can not refute that. All you have is subjective BS.

He’s the linebacker coach Cap! He spends hours and hours with Barnes every day. You’re basically saying the linebacker coach is a liar. lol it’s really hard to take you seriously dude.

“Ball go right, he go left”

No what I have is a direct quote from the linebacker coach.

All replies to you moving forward will be “Ball go right, he go left”

2 Likes

No, don’t put words in my mouth, I didn’t call him a liar although he may be guilty of hyperbole. I ask you did you see that in film, is that too hard to answer. I don’t believe every word that comes out of his mouth maybe you do. Again I go by what I see 9 tackles 1 pass break up in the red zone against a Super Bowl bound team is a great game for a rookie, that is what I saw. Did you see it, you seem to ignore the objective view.

La balle va à droite, il va à gauche

1 Like

Just proves your ignorance an inability to debate the facts, you have to rely on a quote from a first year linebacker coach who is still learning the system, the players and his bosses. Like my grandma use to say “his mouth ain’t no prayer book”.

공은 오른쪽으로 가고 왼쪽으로 간다

3 Likes

His mouth ain’t no prayer book.

His mouth ain’t no prayer book.

Neither is yours. You are the president of the Derrick Barnes fan club for sure. Yep you have zero bias and see everything through Derrick Barnes glasses. I aooligize you are correct, ge is the best linebacker ever to play the game. If only Sheppard, Glenn and Campbell weren’t holding him back, we would be fitting him all ready for his Gold Jacket, dam coaches holding him back

3 Likes

Why do y’all keep wasting time with Cap.
He knows the truth, none of you on this board, or on the staff including the head coach sees the truth, only the omnipotent Cap does.

Remember the below(and calling Cap a fool is a bit harsh but the overall point is there)
Do not argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

3 Likes

Hard to believe you get ignored by people, beings as how good you are interpersonally reading the room etc.

51fnOloJlsL.AC_SY780

Not joking about this though. One of the 10 best books I’ve read (probably 10+ times). Mandatory sales and leadership reading, and also just if you want a better life.

Kept a copy of this in every office I had.

3 Likes

So it looks like Anzalone was LB 3 or 4 for the saints, and possibly made starts due to the guy in front of him being Out with an injury (yes speculation but he wasn’t a regular starter for some reason). So I don’t think that says he’s a good player. More of a solid replacement level player.

Love #12. That’s a sign of a good person in my book. And it’s how you learn and grow. It’s also a reason why I respect Coach Campbell, he immediately apologized to his team for his game management last week. Patricia would have never done that. He would have doubled down.

2 Likes

Agree in general.
Team has some decent players but you only have to find a weakness or two and it can come crumbling down. Rodrigo is the best linebacker IMO so far but he’s not a super star, just a decent player. Is there a LB on this team that is feared by the opposition…NO.

Team has improved on offense the past year and providing they stay healthy, can get away with the current personnel. The defense needs the two current injured d-linemen to come back and contribute. Over and above this the team will need to go defense heavy next year at least using one of their first round picks on defense. The other first pick may depend on how Goff does the balance of the year.
Free agents are always an option but you have to wait and see who is available and so I’m focusing on the draft side of things.

1 Like

Most teams don’t have this imo.

lost our chit to.