Why the Lions should draft Mike Sainristil in 2024 NFL Draft

So is this guy’s job to list Michigan players and say why we should draft them? I understand the locals news has to pander to their audience, but this is ridiculous.

The author of this article went straight from saying how Sainristill would be a depth guy here because we already have Branch…to talking about how Sainristill would make an “immediate impact” here?

Huh?

I’m a Michigan fan but shit we already have a bunch of slot CB’s.

1 Like

Yeah unless Branch can move I feel like Mikey is a pure slot-CB. And I do like him. He is clearly a leader and a self starter. So you are getting a high character dude. But he is too short for CB and a bit smallish for Safety.

Fans of different college teams do that all the time on this board :person_shrugging:

You really think he can’t play outside? I don’t buy that. Like at all. I also think Iffy moves on next year and Branch is our starting SS in 2025.

At least they actually have a lot of good players :man_shrugging:

Now if MSU starts getting that treatment I’ll have more issues with it.

I think he’s just a good player.

But, to your point, if Branch shifts to Safety, then the Lions need a new slot CB.

To be fair Mikey does fit the lions culture to a ■■■■■■■ T. I would love it if we drafted him. The guy is a football player.

1 Like

Not sure I agree with that anymore. IMO, Sutton was probably our backup plan in the slot. We lost CJGJ. Who do we have behind Branch? Robertson has performed much better outside, regardless of size. Eman played slot early in his career but I believe the majority of his success has come out wide as well. Who else is even an option?

With the staff seeming like they want Branch to move around more, I do think we have a need for a solid depth option at nickel.

He’s my favorite Michigan player in this year’s draft for sure and I would have no problem adding him to the team. It’s just this guy wrote basically the same (misleading imo) article about Zinter, and it felt at the time like he was just gonna release one daily leading up to the draft, which in fairness has not happened. I also don’t like the idea of some jabroni telling Brad what he “should” do, though I understand it’s just an attention-grabbing headline.

1 Like

That why I want them to add Daijahn Anthony later

I’m not too familiar. With that said, I don’t think a nickel CB has to be drafted on day 1 or 2, just that we need to get another capable body added to the mix.

Dan specifically said the opposite. They want him to be the best NB possible before he diversifies. They tried to play him at safety some mid season and his play quality suffered. So they moved him back to NB. There was an article recently with an awefully misleading click bait title suggesting that the staff wants to move him.

The staff specifically said otherwise. I trust what Dan actually says

1 Like

I love this kid, but I don’t believe he falls to where we have picks. Short of a trade that shifts the board up, I fear we would have to do a serious reach to get him. I do not support reaching like that btw.

Sometimes it works out that way.

He’ll be 24 but he’s only been a CB for two years which suggests further upside.

If he ended up being the 5th or 6th CB drafted it wouldn’t surprise me.

Rumors are John Harbaugh might take him at pick 30…

He’s going to be good. If people want to quibble over 15-20 picks of draft value that’s fine. But he’s a pick that is likely to age well. Bc as time passes what matter most is that you didn’t miss.

1 Like