Will Jets trade for Stafford?

Tannebaum mentioned this in the context that they tried to acquire him before they landed Rodgers.

And Rams were open to dealing him, allegedly.

But does this even work from a cap perspective?

Rodgers career is done so what’s changed for the Jets to not pursue Matt, or Brady, or some other veteran capable of getting hot midseason?

It has to be Brady, right? I mean, it just has to be…

Russell Crowe Gladiator GIF

3 Likes

Brady makes A TON of sense.

1 Like

I heard the rumor was the Rams were a firm no early in the year. It’s clear they aren’t tanking so I don’t think they go that route unless they have a replacement lined up.

Stafford could still start for the Rams until he’s finished his contract.

1 Like

@DeadStroke hypothetically what would the Jets need to do to make that even work in terms of the cap?

1 Like

If I’m the Rams, I deal Matt for a first or multiple picks, and reload for 2-3 years down the road. While they looked good against Seattle, it may have been the case that Seattle was just bad. Rams aren’t winning a title this year. Matt is their biggest chip at the moment if they want to rebuild sooner.

Depends on how serious the Jets are about this year and next. Wilson isn’t winning shit.

1 Like

This is a very very rare opportunity for them to trade it all for an SB and then reload substantially 2 years later. It’s highly unlikely they’d have this much leverage again.

I got laughed at for my Rams win the division post a couple months back on the back of exceedingly superior QB play to the rest of the division. I did stipulate that their big three would need to be healthy all 17 which isn’t happening. And I underestimated SF too much.

All that being said I do think LA can be a viable wild card contender in the NFC with that schedule. I see at least 9 wins if they get Kupp back decently soon and I think they can exceed that total. :man_shrugging:

They still gotta pay Rodgers like 40+ million I believe. Trading for Stafford would be pretty wild though if they could work it cap wise.

Although Stafford staying healthy behind the Jets O-line may be repeat of what just happened to Rodgers.

I’m guessing Stafford has some kind of say in this also. Not sure why he’d do it?

2 Likes

Those fake white teeth probably belong in LA!

1 Like

Ohhhhhh the Jets play in Jersey and the fan base is in Long Island.

He just needs to orange up that tan and those chompers will fit right in!

1 Like

Brady feels more realistic…

2 Likes

Why would anyone want to play behind those tacos?

Edit by Tacos I meant Tackles lol. I didn’t edit it because I find it funny.

2 Likes

That’s what I would do if I were Snead. Stafford is far from healthy. How much longer does he realistically play? The other move is make is trading Donald to us for a conditional 7th round pick while eating 95% of his contract. It’s the least he can do for us helping him get his ring. :joy:

The jets are a loaded team with a good rushing attack and very talented receivers. It’s his best shot to win another ring. That’s how I’d look at it if I were him.

Yeah, it’s just … LA vs Jersey? I know how I’d feel. But if it’s basically a year to year rental, why not? If Matt went to NYJ and won another ring, he’d etch his reputation as a QB mercenary.

But as others have said, I’m not sure Matt survives longer than Erin did behind that offensive line.

Brady would fix that OL the jets have I guarantee it. When he first went to the Bucs their OL was bad. He somehow whipped them into shape. Brady’s talent goes beyond his ability to throw a spiral.

2 Likes

Would it matter behind that offensive line? Stafford would not last more than a few games.

Well, to be fair Metlife is closer to Manhattan than SoFi is to Beverly Hills.

Inglewood ain’t Hollywood baby