Will Rams extend Stafford after the season?

You’re talking apples and oranges. Rodgers “vilified” has to do with him showing up in an entitled energy, being rude to other people, feeling like every call should go his way, acting (lying) to get flags. Matt doesn’t do that.

On the filed…Matt is NOT CLOSE to as good as Rodgers. We all know that.

Watch for dramatic language like “crocodile tears,” “Put on pedestal” and “vilified”. It will help you to see if you are looking at things through a clear lens, or if you are projecting.

I think the takes on Rodgers here are subjective and biased. He has inflicted pain on Lions fan, we are rightfully jealous of that success. I honestly think your read on Rodgers is off and ^^ plays a role.

Personally, I am totally biased in the opposite way about Rodgers. Love a dude who isn’t afraid of judgement, authentic, competitive beast and legit funny. His success has benefitted me personally in a significant way which impacts my view and respect of greatness. Even if you don’t like Rodgers… would you have preferred to have him on the team than Stafford in past decade, would that influence perspective?

Reflecting on my post, I don’t see the projection but doesn’t mean it’s not there. Could you fill me in on how you saw it?

1 Like

Levels and layers to truth. there is not black and white, right and wrong. Old biased against GB…YUP! Even though I am a different man than I was, when I first started developing the emotional anchors of strongly disliking GB, I still don’t like that they get officiating bias. I don’t like that Rodgers flops to get calls. I don’t like that Bachtiari (sp) can throw his head back and get a call when his facemask isn’t even grazed. There’s some of the anti-good’ol’boy network going on there.

Rodgers himself…his energy…always looking elitist and treating officials and players (including his own teammates) like 2nd class citizens. He has entitlement energy like the WRs used to be known for.

I love some things about him. - how he stands in his own truth and speaks his mind. BUT - there are layers and levels to that truth too…because how much of it is authentically him, and how much of it is being an attention whore? Dude is very polarizing.

This offseason, it is clear that he worked with someone like me, in his personal life. He’s been more centered, but it looks like he may have had some sort of breakdown, BEFORE the breakthrough. He has a bit more of a paeceufl way about him than he used to, but he looks rough.

Would I prefer to have him or Matt? I like Matt as a human muuuuuch more. We may get more wins, with few or none being meaningful. The teams Matt has played on, Rodgers would not have been a contneder on. We may have won an extra 1-3 games/year, but in the grand scheme of things…Meh.

If Rodgers is crying to get out of GB, what would he have done here? he’d be crying to get out of town at the first sign of .500

100% my truth…I feel happy to be a Lions fan…right here, right now…I’m thankful for what we have here. Next season, the Lions are gonna be a pain in the ass, and win more games than the rest of the NFL thinks. Year after that…it is ON!!!

As for recognition of projection…We all have a little bit of it, for sure. People project outwardly how they feel on the inside. You are a pretty clean energy person. you don’t have as much inner conflict around honest conversation, so you don’t have to defend your own ego the way some do. It’s why you’re more palatable to talk to…your a seeker of truth. People who are defending a story, can only get along with someone if they support their beliefs, otherwise they have inner pain. They are expecting themselves from other ppl. You are more open, and because of that, you experience more peace…you look for truth, instead of trying to shove your ego’s definition of truth up someone else’s asshole.

Why do some people get all bent out of shape over who someone’s fav QB is?
EGO. They identify with “knowing” and have to be right. Silliness.

1 Like

Natty, I just have to disagree on the refs tilting to Green Bay this time around. Last time I check the big game is in LA and the NFL loves a good story that will promote in one of the biggest tv markets. The weather… now that could very well have some impact. But I am going with a minor tilt to the Rams this season.

1 Like
  1. All things considered, I hope you are right
  2. It’s shitty that we even have to have this conversation. People know the league has a big money agenda, and it SUCKS

Staffords decision making the second half of the season has been a bit concerning. I’m surprised by that a bit. I’m curious to see what he looks like next year. Learning mcvays offense can’t be easy. Add in all the players shuffling in and out of the lineup. It’s been a strange season. Winning 12 games and having a good season means nothing though if he loses tonight. There isn’t another player in the league with more pressure on him than stafford. I hope he plays well.

2 Likes