Will The Lions sign a WR or Kicker @ some point today?

I was watching Lionstalk, they poised the question, I asked for your thoughts here…

no.

2 Likes

Unlikely, but as of yesterday FA signings no longer count against the comp pick formula. I expect some of the teams who still have comp picks coming their way to become more active now.

1 Like

According to X, Michigan kicker James Turner was due to be signed as UDFA a couple days ago.

4 Likes

They will sign one more UDFA for now. Any position. Then likely wait till june 1 cuts to sign someone else. Lions will gain 1 roster spot with Sutton officially gone. And POTENTIALLY $10m more in space. Then i could see going to go get a higher priced FA

1 Like

yes , Chark makes so much sense @WR, not that expensive, and familiar with everyone -except- the draftees or the new FA’s - I don’t see that as an issue, fills a need…we will see, maybe they are waiting to get him at a later time IF AT ALL-I can’t say, yet maybe they think that they have a kicker with accuracy, and skill???-can’t say.

1 Like

Averages 11.5 games per year…

1 Like

that’s not God awful for a guy that would-be what our#4 receiver??

1 Like

Chark healthy for 11.5 games I’d gladly take on a cheap deal. Problem is he probably wants to start. Also not sure how much Chark loves football.

He’d probably walk in the building as our WR2 (X). So we’d be heavily counting on him. I’d be ok with it as our options are all pretty crappy at this point. I really wish we’d kept Reynolds because we have indeed downgraded at this point IMHO. DPJ and Green don’t give me much of a thrill. Maybe Green is ready. What do I know though. I just advocated for Michael Thomas or Michael Gallup and those dudes are walking wounded too!

yeah, if he did come here and ask for high starting money—'hey don’t let the door knock you on your ass…Chark is a depth player here EVEN IF THEY DECIDE TO CALL HIM- and they seem to be in no hurry. frankly.

2 Likes

All whoever comes here has to pass is DPJ and Green. IMHO a healthy Chark that knows the BenJo offense doesn’t have a tough road to surpass either of those guys. I think you’d be hard pressed to find an easier starting X role to compete for in the NFL.

1 Like

This reminds me. @DeadStroke, if the Lions do not extend Goff in May, does his June 1 bonus ($5m) count against the cap?

It was due and paid on March 15th, so yes, it will count . . . even if he’s cut.