Windsor: Jared Goff's 'negative' comments reveal a truth about sports: There must be negativity!

1 Like

My main problem with Jared Goff is that he’s older than he’s ever been. It’s really concerning. Shit he’s gonna be even older tomorrow too.

George Costanza Flirt GIF

8 Likes

This, and the fact that he throws some wobbly balls. It doesn’t/wouldn’t matter if he was top 5 in every QB stat that matters. If he throws a wobbly duck at his age…he sucks

We need a real QB.

3 Likes

Getting old stinks…

Rotum GIF

2 Likes

Payton Manning threw a lot of wobbly duck passes… for touchdowns

1 Like

Yeah it seems like a pretty silly way of measuring a QB’s ability.

Man, Goff really chaffed some vaginas

Goff is extremely old. Last year he was the oldest QB in the entire league to start a game for the Detroit Lions.

1 Like

He does throw the ugliest, prettiest ball sometimes doesn’t he? It wobbles like hell but still somehow gets where it needs to be when it needs to be there. Lol

Yet he struggles throwing outdoors in the wind… Not throwing a spiral matters, not the most important trait, but it’s something you’d think he could improve on.

Got any examples here amigo?

Seriously, wind (over pretty much any other element) does tend to be problematic with a passing game, not as much with a short game, which appears to be the Lions bread and butter

1 Like

Last year in Baltimore, compadre… Lamar was slinging it all over with ease and Goff was the most inaccurate I’ve ever seen him.

Jeff george threw a very nice ball.

Ryan leaf threw a very nice ball.

Andre ware could spin it too!

Maybe one of them should replace goff since spin rate is the only thing thats important.

Dont forget jarmarcus russel… he could throw it 80 yds from his knees with nice spin. Lock him down for the starter

Ya, bc someone totally made that argument :roll_eyes: some of you act like a single criticism of Goff is the equivalent of burning him to the ground

1 Like

The negativity by this board, this goes back to when we got him…I defended the acquisition.

“Dude, what did he accomplish. The last time I checked, he accomplished getting ran out of town because he couldn’t cut it. He was a thrown in on a deal to get them a QB.”

“Teddy at this point is better than Broken Goff, particularly as a bridge QB to a top-flight rookie in this draft or next.”

BUT, he’s in good company…
“Campbell is just pure trash that was Holmes worse move.”

1 Like

If wabbly balls are such a bad things the mannings should have never been successful. Heck peyton won a championship in denver when he couldn’t break a wet sheet of paper with his fastball.

Was that because of the offense or defense? He was literally benched the year they won the SB bc he couldn’t throw the ball anymore…

Stat line… 13/23 141YRDS 0TDs 1INT

Peyton was super washed but still better than Osweiller. But yeah he was done done.

1 Like

Would you take that stat line from goff in a super bowl win for lions? Heck ya i would

That’s not what we’re talking about though… Would you take having to bench your franchise QB with a top 6 salary bc he couldn’t throw the football anymore?