Wins Above Replacement……NFL Draft

The Detroit Lions have had one of the best drafts by far through two days…. I’m not sure how I would rank them, but…

Jets
Lions

• these 3 teams added the likes of Hutch, J Williams, Joseph, Paschal, Sauce, B Hall, G Wilson, JJ, and Ruckert…. Of those 8 picks- the only one I don’t see as a sure fire rookie contributor is Ruckert…. By many accounts Joseph was a top 3 FS in this class. B Hall is a no brainer bellcow to partner with Carter in the backfield. Pascal will fill the bigger, more athletic T Flowers role- what he should have been day one. A bit taller and longer he can play 3t on passing downs, hold down the 5 tech in a 3-4 front of play LDE in a base 4-3. JJ and Hutch will surprise nobody if they each have 8 plus sacks as rookies! Then you have G Wilson and J Williams who are arguably the top 2 WR talents in the class. Ruckert is the only pick I don’t see as a year 1 impact player…

Eagles- to bring the heart of the Georgia D with Davis and Dean, and get a pro bowl WR entering his prime, and some draft capital for next year? I think a playoff team got a lot better.

Ravens- wow!!! Hamilton, T Jones, Ojabo- they added an elite monster safety, a freakish NT to anchor the D, and got value on a potential double digit sack guy…. While also landing the drafts best Center… they did move on from Hollywood, we shall see what that does for their offense, but their D will be dominant soon.

Chiefs
Titans

• both of these teams chose to reload. I think they executed brilliantly-

Chiefs- they lost Cheetahs last 2 good years, but adding JuJu and Sky Moore could work well in compliment of T Kelce…. They have an elite OL- maybe the best QB- and now their CEH, Juju, S Moore, MVS and Kelce is a pretty good offensive cast…

The Titans made the rights calls too…. Henry is getting up there, Brown wanted out, and Tannehill is getting older and less effective…. With that D… they will win 10-11 games… Burks vs AJ Browm could be close to net even, and for 23M less! Then they get M Willis for the other pick they got for Brown…. So 25M a year for AJ Brown…. Or T Burks and M Willis growing up together for 4.5M combined… love McCreary as a bulldog nickel and they may have a starting OT.

———————————————————————-

Sure these teams may not pan out with the progress in giving them credit for…. Other will likely surprise that I’m not accounting for too.

I guess the point of that ramble rant was…. We totally need a LB to be the BEST VERSION of what we can be. We need a dominant DT, and let’s face it- an elite QB or dynamic RB wouldn’t hurt right?

Nobody will be shocked if Hutch has 10 sacks in 2023…

Nobody will be shocked if J Williams has 1,100 yards and 7 tds in 2023…

Nobody will be shocked if Paschal has 6 sacks in 2023 and crushes against the run…

Nobody will be shocked if Joseph had 3 ints as our starting safety in 2023…

Joseph >>>> than Harris by far… Elliott was also quite a long, rangy playmaker in college with 6 picks his last year, but health is an issue… now we have a FS with balls skills and a backup with ball skills!

Paschal >>> Cornell, Levi, and likely even what we got from Flowers…

Hutch on one side means more cleanups for Romeo and Harris, and now we don’t need to rely on a similar season for Harris and a week 1 healthy return for Romeo…

J Williams, Chark, ASB, Hock, Swift, J Will- wow

Taking a guy like Asamoah or Tindall would have made some feel better, but there is no guarantee either will be better than J Davis- sure they COULD- but Davis was a first rounder, with some solid proven production, and with AWFUL SCHEME SND COACHING!!

————

Kolar
Ferguson
Hendershot

D Pierce
Spiller
Haskins

Winfrey
M Butler

Beavers
B Smith
M Rodriguez

I would like to see one or two of these guys.

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.