With Chark gone, do Lions sign OBJ?

Chark leaving on a 1 year deal was no surprise to me… OBJ signing with the Lions, I would literally shit my pants.

But I have been wrong before.

uh oh poop GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

2 Likes

This is interesting.

Since teams evidently see Hopkins as being a “salary dump,” I also wondered about Detroit’s interest here. If I’m the LIons, I might say, “Sure, we can take a look at it, but at the end of the day we want pick 3.” Given Arizona’s desperation to move on from that salary, I’m not sure you need to fork over 18. Maybe another pick, but not both firsts.

And while we’re the belle of the ball right now, imagine if we signed OBJ.

In fact, that might be my only reluctance. Where he goes, the media follows.

1 Like

Welcome to the dark side!! Sign OBJ now! :wink:

That might get us all the calls for once!! OBJ, plus the zebras on our side, sounding better and better, ha ha

1 Like

Way rather have Hopkins than OBJ. I think he will ruin JaMo.

1 Like

That was definitely my feeling. Consummate pro. Excellent relationship and chemistry w/JG. I think can still play. Would have been a very good mentor for Jamo.

I’m in the camp of those who believe the WR room would really benefit from the presence of a respected vet who can still play.

It’s like the battle of the 30 y/o WRs. I don’t expect anything to happen with OBJ or Hopkins. I’m looking at a trade for a younger proven player like Gabe Davis or Michael Pittman who are looking for contracts. Pittman in particular I think is an attractive target because of the bad QBs he has played for which lowers his stats.

If Holmes can get him for a reasonable price I’d be all for it.

Its worth remembering that last year the primary receiving corps was ARSB, Reynolds, Raymond, half a season of Chark and half a season of Hock, and we had the 6th most passing yards in the league. If Jamo can replace Chark’s 502 yards and Montgomery and the TE committee can replace Hock’s 395 yards then there isn’t a massive need for a WR. Like with pretty much every position on the roster, it would be nice to have some more depth, but it isn’t absolutely necessary.

Do we really think it is a good idea to bring that malcontent into a locker room with JAMO?

3 Likes

I think Nate was just having fun… but what about Marvin Jones back on a 1 year deal!?

Sign Marvin for peanuts to mentor the room, and still draft a WR early in round 2 or 3!!

Martin Sheen Yes GIF

4 Likes

yea I meant no disrespect…but I don’t think Marvin fits the Goff wr type. His separation ability is trash. I think we have Chark’s replacement in Detroit…its JAMO…that’s why Chark is gone…he was alway was a one year rental while Jamo healed. I think it is much more likely that you see the lions take a wr like Addison or JSN or Ronnie Bell. Guys who mimic the Woods and Kupp style of play.

2 Likes

Makes sense to me… Chark, Marvin and KG, all 3 are big fellas that don’t seperate too well.

Goff and BJ seem to love the speedsters!

3 Likes

Rumor is the Washington Foreskins are shopping Dyami Brown. If true we should absolutely kick those tires

But apparently this ESPN writer says Diyami is not being shopped.

Shaking Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons

Isn’t that the dude St. Brown torched after we beat them? That would be awkward.

Him and Amon-Ra on same team would be funny.

Yep. He was also Sam Howell’s number 1 in his best season. So if Howell is the guy then it would be weird to move him.

1 Like

Good point.

Did Howell ever play with Josh Downs?

Yes. Downs was the number one for Howell last year. He was mostly injured during the 2020 season.

Just sign Marvin Jones an draft a WR Jones has missed like 4 games past 3 seasons thats very good for a WR an he gives you 500 plus yards. He is sold to add an should be cheap.

You can draft one in rd 3 or even last pick rd 2 an let him learn.