With Matt Ryan retiring today what's your fondest memory of his career?

Mine is the touchdown pass he threw to Mike Jenkins his first play as a pro.

Against the lions…smh.

The Lions went onto lose all 16 games… oh the memories :laughing: really appreciate you bringing it up… I needed a kick in balls.

3 Likes

That would qualify as the least favorite memory for most Lions fans on this board.

Falcons went up 21-0 in the first quarter as the Falcons ran 42 time for 313 yards and 3 TDs, which was a foreshadowing of what would happen on Thanksgiving, ie 46 carries for 292 yards and 4 rushing TDs.

3 Likes

Lighting up the 0-16 Lions in his first game.

What people forget is that the only reason we went 0-16…

…was because it wasn’t possible to go 0-17 back then.

3 Likes

The falcons have had a killer ground game for most of the millennium if I’m remembering right

1 Like

Yea I definitely don’t have a fondest memory but who could ever forget Ryan lighting us up in his first ever game.

That team was just so awful. It felt like the other team would be up by three scores at one point in the 1st half of every game.

I most remember his team choking in the Superbowl.

none. he rekt the lions in his first game

worst part, he wasn’t any more physically gifted than Joey Harrington, he was simply better

1 Like

What you said is SO important in remembering that team. We were down 3 scores in the 1st quarter. So as bad as that team was statistically, it could have been SO much worse if any part of the team was competitive. Teams could have hung 50+ on us every week if they needed to. But they didn’t need to, so they took their foot off of the gas pedal.

The Falcons were up 21-0 in the 1st quarter. The Packers were up 21-0 in the next game partway thru the 2nd quarter. The 49ers were up 21-3 partway into the 2nd quarter. The following week the Bears were up 17-0 halftime and 34-0 partway into the 3rd quarter. We were strangely competitive witht he Vikings. The week after that we were down 21-0 to the Texans at the beginning of the 2nd quarter.

How you felt the games played out, was actually how the games played out.

1 Like

We traded Shaun Rogers that offseason… and then had the worst defense ever. Oh it was painful.

Kevin James Pain GIF by TV Land

I’m pretty sure we didn’t have a single bald guy on that roster.

Friggin’ ridiculous.

The coach was bald as can be. :joy: his shovel was sharp too.

that guy is still trying to grow hair…never embraced the awesomeness. imagine being bald and not wanting it??? WTf???

Him retiring

This is a weirdly good comparison

1 Like

He’s a poor Mans Jared Goff.

2 Likes

I got that reference.

At least having a rookie throw a 75 bomb on his first career pass set the expectations for the season right where they needed to be.

Leonardo DiCaprio licking his wife’s ear.

One of the worst INTs of all time, which contributed to a 21 point comeback and a crazy ending where Prater missed the game winning FG, but made the second attempt from further away after a delay of game penalty on the Lions invalidated the first effort.