Worst call of the 2023 season

Clay Travis

@ClayTravis

Follow

Roughing the passer?! They literally hit him as he’s throwing. It’s impossible to play football if this is roughing.

https://x.com/ClayTravis/status/1720252373208035497?s=20

3 Likes

Legit call. Unfortunately the rules are the rules, even if they are dumb. 98 landed on him with all his body weight which isn’t allowed.

2 Likes

If that’s the rule, “it’s gotta be called” .

Evidence disagrees.

4 Likes

Might as well just put flags on the QB.

Notice flag football is now in the Olympics. Heading that direction more and more.

2 Likes

HATE it

1 Like

Yep, just have to be better. Have to learn better technique and land on him with 88% or less of his body weight.

1 Like

The call is correct. You can’t fall on the QB with all your weight.

These 300+ lb linemen used their weight to purposefully hurt QB’s in the past and the league was forced to make this a rule. It’s not hard to tackle and spin as you do.

2 Likes

the players should all wear bras! And instead of helmets, they should wear little tin-foil hats, because you know, it’s the future, and we shouldn’t be so barbaric!

while we’re at it, we’ll have a balloon instead of a ball, and whoever catches the ballon will tries to run while all the other players hug!

1 Like

The Lingerie League is very entertaining. Maybe that should be the direction the NFL should go.

1 Like

I actually think the body weight rule, and the low hit rule make a lot of sense.

QB is a unique position, so having unique rules applied is logical.
And watching Mahomes vs Tua generates a lot more money than watching 3rd stringers skip rocks in an empty stadium because they haven’t practiced with the first team all season.

However… I think the refs should be allowed to incorporate common sense. Prime example is someones hand accidentally grazing the helmet. Let it go.

1 Like

I haven’t done any study but I’d be surprised if that call made it into the top 200 worst calls of the year.

Who hurt you?

1 Like

This is how the packers win so often. Officials demonstrating “common sense”

2 Likes

Except now it’s, used to win.

2 Likes

Yuuup. Still getting that favorable treatment though. Just suck so bad it doesn’t matter

1 Like

You want to see a bunch of men wearing lingerie? Frog you feeling okay? :laughing::laughing:

I was just about to say that. We all remember the Jim Schwartz red flag incident against the Texans. The Falcons had a similar call go against them that season as well, it wasn’t just Schwartz. Mike McCarthy F’d up and threw the red flag when he wasn’t allowed to, and the refs let the Packers pick it back up. “Oh, we know you didn’t mean to do that. So we will look the other way.” Jordy Nelson was the one that physically picked the flag up and handed it to his coach. WTF?

I get they are trying to protect QBs who make the NFL a shit ton of money.

I played linebacker so hating QBs is in my dna. I’m extremely biased. Watching QBs get lit up always brings a smile to my face. Guilty as charged.

Fire Plotting GIF by Studio Redfrog

balloon catching GIF by South Park

1 Like

This is the worst call this year.

https://twitter.com/jonas_shaffer/status/1720895613229756701?t=v3b96OBdPxTaHkYl852qIQ&s=19

1 Like

That’s worse

1 Like