Would you be pissed?

Assuming we sign a FA Wide out…
If, and it’s only an if, but Holmes, MCDC & Spielman decide to go all out and solidify the D and go:
1A = Hutch/KT
1B = Best of the LB’s,
#2 = Best Safety,
#3 = WR,
3B = TE

2 Likes

Wouldn’t be pissed. I find ppl criticize more when things are going wrong. EVERYTHING gets criticized, when you suck.

Less criticism coming for Detroit soon. I won’t be pissed, because I really trust the guys that are running the show.

1 Like

If they sign a very good WR in FA, then that draft is perfect for me. I also wouldn’t mind picking another OL with 3B and signing a TE in FA. Depends on who is on the board

1 Like

This is my ideal scenario, position wise. Saying that, though, this only works if one of Dean or Lloyd are the LBs available and one of the top safeties, Brisker or Hill (maybe Battle) are available with our second rounder.
With Metchie’s injury, I could see a scenario where he falls to the 3rd rounder as well or falls far enough where we could package our first 3rd and another pick to move up to get him. He will take time to heal up and might miss some of the start of the season, but I think we’re in a perfect position to let that happen. Realistically we’re not a Super Bowl contender next season.

Don’t care as long as there are no big reaches. No smartest guy in the room picks or moves.

I am 100% OK with not taking WR in the 1st round. I wholeheartedly support picking WR outside of the 1st round. If it’s Round 3, no problem.

I don’t think the value for a safety at #34 is going to be worth it.

I might be wrong… but I think there will be a player at #34 that represents a much better value than Hill or Brisker.

For example… If Dean or Lloyd is the 1B pick… and David Bell is there at #34… I take Bell over either of the safeties.

I would never draft using this line of thinking. BPA is the way to go. You might end up with the same positions filled but get better rated players doing it the BPA way.

2 Likes

I’m all about BPA, but BPA at position of need.
If a BPA left or right tackle is available at 1B, are you taking him?

1 Like

If we come out of the 1st 3 rounds with a Safety, MLB, and a wide out I’d be more than happy. I think more emphasis needs to be put on upgrading the back 7 on D vs upgrading the DL. And an upgrade at WR goes without saying…

1 Like

Is he baaaarely BPA, or is he BPA by a landslide?
Pick that MF’r and trade him 10 mins later.

I don’t pretend to know more then A NFL regime. I’ll trust what they do……

Update, draft 1 WR and D the rest of the entire draft. :sob:

We’'re gonna have to get Tate-Ra some help
I think we get one in Draft and on win FA, and a weakness becomes a strength.

RBs
WRs
OLmen
…a bit light and one dimensional at TE
…fall a bit short at QB

Defense will make marked improvement.

Defense needs Aubrey back. Does he really have an game day impact?
I really believe the poor LB AND terrible safety play made the D look a lot worse than we really are. Need a stud safety and LB.

Aubrey? Aubrey Mathews?

The fact that we’ve won and been in games with this roster says something. We’ve been the team starting “Mannion, White, Glennon, etc” not the team playing against them all year…. Lol

Many seem to overlook the fact that Holmes intentionally sabotaged 2021 to give us a chance in 2022. Getting rid of Shelton, Collins, Trufant, Coleman, James, etc really made staying healthy imperative. It’s the NFL, nobody stays healthy.

We legitimately had 10-13 undrafted free agents starting and rotating in and put today. That’s absurd!!!

Holmes, Spielman, and DC saw a 3-13 or 5-11 type roster with Stafford, Flowers, Marvin Jones, KG,
Agnew, Harmon, and decided to take all the medicine in 2021….

It’s been tough to get excited for kickoff knowing we were overmatched and should lose by 20 every week, and most weeks I’ve actually been pleasantly surprised with effort, progress etc.

WRs make way too much money and produce too little in the form of wins via free agency.

TEs like Austin Hooper and J Smith are getting 11-12M per year and Dallas Goedert is getting 1 per year now at 28 years old… pass…

Most of the top TEs in the league were drafted late td 2 and beyond.

Agree w/all of it.

Any body else get just a little throw-up in their mouth the second they showed the stadium and said…“From Historic, Lambeau Field.” I was already pissed. LOL.

I’m fine with a defense heavy draft. Build a smothering defense that offenses have to game plan for and worry about. Even fear.