Would you rather…

Levi DL play is far more important than LBer play and it’s harder to fill.

Swift - It’s more important to know Swift can contribute 16 games. Let Williams take it slowly.

Goff - QB play is far more important and you can build on it.

I will always take the wind.

I’ll take the secondary. I think it’s a tougher puzzle to solve and your talking for the future and that means a long term solution.

Dans too aggressive. The defense to average is a sign of improvement. We need to continue to show improvements.

OL - If they live up to the hype they will be a dominant force.

Joseph - There’s more talent at Safety and if Kirby wins then he’s a proven quality starter. My 9 year old could start at LBer for the Lions. It would mean very little of Rodriguez earned a starting nod. Beside LBer is a lesser role than safety and easier to find a solution at. Give me solid play ag safety any day.

1 Like

Onwuzurike…don’t think its likely, but I’d be happy to be wrong about him.
Swifty…we have time for Jamo.
Goff…again, I’d love to be wrong about him and see him step up.
playoffs?..we need progress
defensive front…it means we didn’t wast all those high picks and the plan is working
Campbell stays aggressive…i see it differently than most, but I LOVE ALL of the calls he made
OL… no brainer – fve players vs. one who we may not need
Joseph…because MRod earning a starting job is a given. So it will be both, LOL.

Here’s another one: Would you rather see the Lions make the playoffs, or the Tigers, Wings and Pistons all make the playoffs?
Me: Lions.

2 Likes

I’ve been alive for multiple championships from all the other teams besides the Lions (I was just a young kid in 68 so don’t really remember that one). A lions SB win and I’m fine never seeing the Tigers/Pistons/Redwings win another.

3 Likes

I was in 8th grade in 68 and the world series was still played in daylight. I went to a NJ Catholic school where penalties for such things as playing a transistor radio weren’t trivial. But I had a teacher who knew how much I loved the Tigers, and she let me roll with it…somewhat, anyway. Never forget being around an outdoor picnic table during recess for game 6 when we were routing the Cards, and racing home for game 7 the next day and watching Northrup’s fly ball go over Curt Flood’s head to put us up in game 7. After that game, my childhood buddy and I were literally embracing and dancing in the street. There’s nothing like being a kid and having your team win it all!

In theory at least, if Levi is bringing an A game, life will be easier for all the linebackers regardless.

I figured since I’d already favored Levi breaking out, having the secondary step up in conjunction with that more or less catapults the entire unit.

While I would love to see the defense make a leap, I would hate to LOCK them in to being JUST middle of the road. I think the potential exists for this unit to sneak into top 10 status this year, IF the offensive line can provide some bone crushing time of possession numbers. So, stay aggressive Dan! :laughing:

That’s an excellent point :point_left:

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.