Wrestling with a question, boys...Please LMK how you feel

Our fortunes have changed SO much that I am convinced that one of the following is true, though I don’t know which…

If you feel otherwise, please let me know

• The football gods have fallen in love with Brad and Dan
  • Brad and Dan ARE the football gods
  • Jack Fox made a call to league offices about officiating
  • Some combination of the above
  • Other (explain yourself)
0 voters

The refs still managed to ■■■■ us royally in Dallas last year…

#neverforget
#jackfoxshouldroundhousekick1refpergame

4 Likes

For the sake of time.

In essence Detroit finally got a front office and coaching staff fully aligned and doing it all correctly. MCDC does not believe it is about having better individual talent than everyone. He believes (and rightfully so IMO) that it is about executing better than everyone. And it is not until you can execute properly that the discussion of your overall talent really matters. Because until you can execute you have no idea if you are any good.

When I coached, I told my players → We WILL run into teams that are bigger, faster, stronger sometimes.
We will NEVER run into a team that is more committed, more focused, executes better, or is better conditioned - EVER

My first year as HC, we lost one game - 2nd year, did not lose.

Purely focused on better than yesterday - if you are better than yesterday…every, single, day…we have a chance to win every game. That’s what I told 'em. This is Dan’s approach.

While all coaches have strategy, Dan puts philosophy over strategy and that is why he’s the goat. This is a GD lifestyle, not a strategy. Live the way of the Samurai, boys!

To me Sheila Ford Hamp swallowed decades of Ford pride and sought the right kind of help and the right kind of people to turn it around. She wasn’t too proud to hire a meat head coach with little coordinator experience. She wasn’t too proud to hire a director of college recruiting candidate without direct GM experience.

She went for those wanting to do things the right way and with a focus on culture and are competent.

The question I have is if Jack Fox was there before Brad/Dan/Sheila/Goff, how can he be attributed to changing the current success of the team in any way beyond his kicking stats?

Simple

He was finally allowed to talk…do not under estimate the power of the FOX

1 Like

Jim Carrey Comedy GIF by PermissionIO

100% - FINALLY used the right way → for “muscle”!

2 Likes

There is nothing related to fate or the divine happening in Detroit.

It’s strictly about competence at the highest level of the organization and a shared vision throughout. That, and we may be witnessing the emergence of one of the sports greatest Head Coaches.

Ben Johnson has passed up HC opportunities because he wants to be here. This place is special because of what Dan is doing and the support he has throughout the front office. Amazing.

2 Likes

You forgot what I think is the biggest move made, she hired Chris “I’m a baddass” Spielman.

4 Likes

Bingo. I’d love to see their “shared office”. They literally took walls down to be around each other so that everyone is on the same page. It seems like a small thing but 31 other teams don’t do shit like that. There is something to be said about that.

3 Likes

Yeah, I think nothing good happens without the office linebacker. He’s Matt Millen, minus the ego, and with brains.

Terry Tate, Office Linebacker on Make a GIF

1 Like

Terry Tate baby… the pain train is coming :smiley:

2 Likes

Other: Sheila is in charge now. She’s the shit.

2 Likes

@BigNatty

Jack Fox vs Mike Tyson in his prime. Who you got and why?

Jack Fox is…inevitable

marvel comics GIF

1 Like

obviously, I’m taking the quicker, more powerful, more aggressive guy.

Tyson would reeeeaaally have to avoid getting hit. Try to bob’n’weave and avoid getting smashed.

One thing I will say …Mike has better hair. Aside from that…Foxy-boy has “normal humans” outclassed in every sense of the word.

adventure time gods GIF

Other (explain yourself)

It is all about the ownership and Sheila Ford Hamp is a Goddess. Brad, Dan and Chris are the apostles.

The world is going to end Jan 31, 2025.