Wretched Special Teams

The 3rd phase is not getting enough attention among the reasons for the collapse.

Agnew may have been AZ’s MVP.

Will Harris gave what looked like 13% effort while allowing the blocked punt.

Our new (old) special teams coach has some work to do.

On the plus side, Prater’s still got the leg and *Martin pinned AZ deep inside the 5 on a beauty of a punt.

2 Likes

I think maybe Harris was a little too anxious to get downfield for a chance at downing the ball near the goal line again.
He didn’t bother to block his man much on the block. Almost like he was trying to shed his defender to get a good start downfield.

1 Like

ST coach always felt like a bad hire, to me.

1 Like

Coverage wasn’t perfect but was quite good at points.

No longer trust Agnew. I hope they have Amendola or someone else back there next week.

I feel the same. Reeves-Maybin has improved a ton, on a positive note. Dude genuinely looks like he knows what he’s doing and is passionate about winning.

1 Like

Never trusted Agnew. Ty Johnson’s tailor made for that roll. Limited responsibilities on Offense, and young enough to still be fearless back there, plus really fast. If they are going to use McKinnic (sp?) as our third RB, then use Ty Johnson on special teams.

1 Like

If this coaching staff is compenant Agnew will not be the return man

1 Like

I’m with you Natty…I was pleasantly surprised by what I saw in JRM. JRM’s opportunity for PT and development is the silver lining of JD’s injury.

1 Like

Agree. People forget that except for one season, the STs weren’t good under Bonamego.

1 Like