WTH is Thibs Doing on This Play!?

Was watching the St. Brown highlight pack…and #5 Thibs caught my eye on this play.

What in the hell is Thibs doing!? I timestamped the play @ 0:34. I’m very confused. He kinda starts rushing, no one is blocking him and yet gives up and starts retreating backwards!? Either it’s the worst defensive play call ever, or I’m missing something!?

4 Likes

Thibs playing 4D chess while the rest of us play checkers.

4 Likes

Haha whatever it was, I can’t explain it. The only play worse I’ve seen this year was when AG blitzed a safety vs the Seahawks from 50 yards away.

4 Likes

maybe he saw Hutch drop into coverage and make that int and wanted one of his own. Problem is there was nobody there. haha

6 Likes

It reminds me of the play where ebron turned around and bitched mid play as his blocking assignment was missing a tackle in the backfield and he still just sat there like he couldnt be bothered

6 Likes

Bingo. That was probably his assignment, but when the play goes to the other side of the field, KT looks goofy. Or maybe he read whatever he was keying on wrong. Or maybe just is goofy.

I will say the snippets I’ve heard from him since the draft leave me feeling that he’s toned down his brashness. Maybe Saleh had a talk with him or more probably he matured a bit, unlike Zach Wilson.

2 Likes

I remember seeing that as it happened. Three Stooges shit there.

1 Like

I like this play …, was 3rd and 7 to go with about 11 minutes left in game… and Decker just planted Tibbydough…

5 Likes

Isn’t Daboll his coach?

2 Likes

i wonder if he was supposed to rush only if he had a clear lane. Once Cabinda dropped off to block, he retreated to help in coverage.

Fwiw, PFF has Hutch graded much higher than Thibs.

And, arguably, the gap should be greater.

4 Likes

Maybe he started to rush and saw his blocker was Sewell so he got scared and turned and ran.

6 Likes

That’s what it looked like to me… he got blocked, saw Goff was getting ready to pass and Cabinda was there so he turned around to start running the other way.

The play before that Sewell did a nice job on keeping him off Goff when Thibs did rush.

I think we made the right choice at #2 overall that’s for sure.

5 Likes

Yep. Another sign of dementia…

2 Likes

Close the thread, that explains it!!! Mystery solved…well done sir!

3 Likes

He’s circling the wagons.

Oregon Trail Vintage GIF by US National Archives

1 Like

He’s good friends with Ebron. Just trying to impress his dude.

2 Likes

Not sure if you are joking…but they do have similar personalities IMO

Full sarcasm. Just reminds me of that play Ebron quit vs the Bears.

1 Like